Old dog, same tricks .... Tarck bike time for Spirito

More pics please!!!

Bonus points for them not being another set of low profile high polish ‘classic’ clincher rims.
P.S. I wanna pet that dog.

ftfy
What are you, a fucken yank?

Slow day today, for both me and Medo. Found a suitably coloured record.

Finished the wheels, fitted the cog but then split the lockring (doh!). Didn’t like the silver chain. Anybody know who has Izumi Black chains in stock in Sydney? Headset fitted, saddle and post too. Campy Pista BB and cranks went on a treat with a Super Zen chainring in a little size as I’ll be slow and trying to get my legs spinning till i get some form/condition.

Different form of analogue, same band.

Deets on the frame?

Ignor me… More pics uploaded…

So now the frame … Iribe. Bikini style lugs, an odd colour with a matte paint finish and neon decals appealed to me in a big way. Still not sure about the Giro d’Italia bars. Narrow, sqaure and shallow appeals to my lower back but they look a little too shallow. Black stem, Concor etc seemed natural to me in an 80’s chic kind of way. About as subtle as LL.

Now I’ve got to find another lockring and a black chain so to finish the build. Not sure about pedals but I have a few options. More to come …

Those lugs!

No.
[LEFT]
verb
(pets, petting, petted)[/LEFT]
[with object] stroke or pat (an animal) affectionately

Love it man.

That frame is tits nice (I really like that colour)

Funnily enough it was the runt of the litter, with all the fancy paint/usual coloured frames attracting all the attention. This one didn’t draw as much interest until I looked a little closer. The lugs are common to a few different Keirin frame manufacturers but combined with the unusual colour mix I slowly fell in love and had to make it mine.

this shit is so rad!!! Love the frame too. Would ride (looks my size too!)

yo LL, “so forget oreo’s eat cool j cookies i’m bad”

Yeah, whilst listening to LL I swiped the Vittoria Open Corsa tyres from Mrs. Spirito’s Colnago for this build. She’s now rolling on Gatorskin’s :wink:

Boty…

Colour way of this build is not my thing, but I can appreciate good craftsmanship when i see it. That fork crown and head tube lugs are unbelievable. Seriously they have so much shape to them. Not flat and sharp like most other lugged frames! Can’t stop staring at the lugs.

2nd mod to (ab)use this term in this thread <grin>

I’m enjoying the colours actually. It’s colour blocking in a sensible, high quality way.

I’d cringe if they were 50mm STARS rims, but they’re not, so it is awesome.

??

True. No point using any colours unless the part is up to it and whilst I’ve built up many wheels with this rim I’ve never had a pair for myself. They’re pretty light and should make for a lively wheelset.