Olympic road race thread

I wanna see Forstemann getting rad on the trails!

How’s Wiggins’ new bike?

Omfg

heres another pic I found on slamthatstem

interesting stem/handlebar combo

aint the best looking bike is it.

Strikes me as similar to the track frames the brits use.

I never did find out who’s making these for them.

Why can’t Wiggo use the Pinarello? Can’t they use the frame and cover the decals?

Good to see Wiggo’s getting some use out of that yellow helmet.

Team sponsor =/= country sponsor.

That thing looks weenie as.

How tall is Wiggo / what size frame does he ride?

Wiggo is the king of the hubbards IMHO.

no bell, no lights/reflectors and riding on the footpath…good thing he isn’t in Oz.

they are riding the big $ team gb frames

UK Sport - Cycling

you technically can buy them but ive read before that they will charge upwards of 200,000 GBP for a frame to deter any other country from having the same equipment

bit different to our BTs being sold to the dutch!

What I was curious to know is did they setup their own in house fab or are they contracting an existing (UK?) manuf?

Looks like a china crabon cheapie.

i dont think they make frames for anyone else, they probably would make stuff like F1 car or aircraft parts

ill ask a ‘bro’ who is doing a thesis on this stuff

Scottish funded?

So the Olympics don’t have the rule about bikes must be off the shelf production type?

That’s why it was stated that they are “available for purchase” but only if you have a couple hundred thousand squids.

from a bro in the know re the german fes bikes (similar situation to the gb bikes) :

“The fes bikes are available for sale one night per year for over 1 million euros from 3am to 4am in a village that isn’t on most maps. the ais had a shot at buying one and then decided it wasn’t realistic”

I was hoping it was a Reid.