Orica Green Edge

The numbers are really stacking up… this might be a good time to announce that I too will be riding for Green Edge next year.

You can’t just come out and SAY it: you have to deny it for while, put some hints on your twitter feed, deny it again, then just when no-one cares anymore, BAM! Announce you’re going to SKY.

^^^ I deny the rumours that I’ve been signed to ride for Green Edge. They’re nothing more than baseless, ill-informed speculation.

I knew I’d stuffed up the talks…

Alby!

Brett Lancaster is on the team.
I thought he may have been one of the first names, good to see

did anyone notice Michael Hepburn riding a greenedge painted scott in the U23TT

^ yeah, but they taped over the scott logo on the downtube, but not the fork?

Our Mitch!

I love Mitch.

This team is so going to be so unreal.

Steve, if he gets rid of a heap of Skil-Shimano kit at the club, lemme know. Perfect retro-modern cross over.

me too.

back when we used to do roller racing we’d get old mate PB Ladner to send out a mass text to all the club members in his phone. this, naturally, included mitch, who would always reply, usually with something along the lines of, “yeah mate, i’d love to come, but i got this paris-roubaix race i’ve gotta do. sorry!”

Really psyched to hear this today as well. From the interview/piece they did with him in RIDE a few issues back, he seems like a really reasonable guy, and I hope it works out for him.

hello classics wins (or at least a solid shot at them)!

the nygaard greenedge rumor was confirmed today

Julian Dean

They’ve got so much experience in the team for the young blokes coming through.

I was thinking about this the other day. They’re not exactly heading down the road of ‘nurturing young Australian talent’, as many had hoped. In saying this, it is their first season and you need some big names to get the license and get the wins on the board. Perhaps in a season or two they will go this way. Heck, they haven’t even raced yet and here I am armchair critiquing. dick

Some interesting discussion on the GE team and its intentions here from the ever-insightful INRNG. I think there is some good theories in the post and the comments (and some rubbish of course).

Beppu

He’ll get some serious love from the GE fans I would say.

I hope they sign Haas.