Overnighter this week?

JP, Joel confirmed, Aeons pretty much confirmed…I need to talk to work guy tonight. Aeons, I have a poncho tarp that you can use if you like? Then we could all go single shelter lightness.

That would be great, I’m going to try and pack tonight, if all goes to plan I’ll be back from my ski trip at 7 and can leave straight away. I’ll text you if I can’t make it/there are slight delays.

Update: highly unsure about when I’ll be back from thredbo. Will keep you updated.

Right on.

I am ready, Joel, you supplying revo? Should I bring another dynolight?

My rig is old school, but so bloody light! I reckon it with all kit weighs less than my tourer with nothing on it

Kit list!
Revelate sweetroll holds: Terra nova laser competition 1, mont down jacket, thermarest prolite
Tiny frame bag holds: spare tube, punct kit, levers, park multi tool w breaker, whisky, kershaw knife
Revelate viscacha holds: montane fugging light waterproof tops n bottoms, thermal tops n bottoms, golite ultralight down quilt 20F, snowpeak ti mug n pot approx 700ml, optimus crux, swedish fire steel, ti foldable spork, gasssss, beanie.
Best of all, hanging off saddle bag is an ortlieb 4L canteen. Half a joke, but 90% kickass functional.

Do you mind if I test if this will fit the Camber one day?

Anytime mate

Sorry didn’t realise I was supplying Revo! Some comments make more sense now! Crossed my wires at some point. It is wired up to the Salsa at the moment but I can supply a bright Nitelights to you which is universal fitting and bright, long battery etc. I’ll bring it along anyway. You can test the Revo the next morning if you like, we’ll see if the fitting is the same Shimano/SP I think it is. Should take us 10min to swap them over while enjoying a coffee.

Viscacha contains: Nemo Gogo tent, ziplock bag of food/coffee stuff, MSR pocket rocket stove + gas, little saucepan set thing from Khatmandhu.

Sweetroll contains: Mont Kiandra sleeping bag. NOTHING ELSE IT’S ENORMOUS, sleeping mat strapped to the front.

Camelbak Mule contains: some water, North Face down jacket, snack type food, tools, pump, tubes, beanie, buff.

Joel

We can also swap the lights over tonight at STORMLO if the time permits. I’ll bring some O rings for cable retention on your bike.

• Joel

Not a problem dude! I will have another dynamo jigger, so all set :slight_smile: I am aiming for no camelback… last overnighter was ONLY 22l inov8 running pack… its interesting how different shaped packs take different items.
Roll in to civic on the smart sams this morn was good… they could be totally awesome.

Excited to see how you guys go, might join next time when it’s warmer! Take care out there

So how did it go???

ETA 4 minutes?!

Hahah! I made it to work shortly before 10 :slight_smile: Need to get up a bit earlier next time, and get the “system” of the morning down a bit better.

It was a good time! It did get chilly last night… Not sure how accurate the thermometer on my suunto is, but it read 0 when we went to bed, -2 when we got up.

The ride is great, just long enough to feel worth a sleep at the end. We got through 1/3 a bottle of whisky, 1 block of choc, a lot of porridge and 4 coffee bags (mobile pour-overs).

Next time - I will carry less water. Used less than half of what I lugged up there.

to buy - Tangle bag, had one but was too big, getting the size down. Will also grab a pocket for the sweetroll, then I reckon multiday will be sorted.

didnt use - wet weather gear, tiny stuff-sack back pack (brought it incase I could re-pack as well as I had packed the day before… but happily that wasnt the case).

Some pics
Nice start to the morning ride out

my cockpit

campground was huge, Joel had started taking the nemo down here, it looked a little better than that during hte night.

Tent looking wintery

The hut is big, could def get away with no tent and maybe even no cooking gear… just some bacon and eggs to chuck on the electric stove. Even a loo there.

Joel zipping along in the night, Revo pumping.

So good. Bummed I couldn’t make it

Well done boys! If I went along I would have been in trouble… I had a meeting at 930am.
How was the whisky? Run into any roadies in the morning?

Nah, you woulda been fine mate, we rolled past strommers at 8:25! I just dragged tail between there and work… If I HAD to be there at 9:30 I woulda done it, easy.

Whisky was alright, I didnt bring anything fantastic but it went down well! Not a single roadie this morn… we were expecting some.

Yeah some fruity navigation by me through the roadworks didn’t help the time issue.

Fun though - cold! My jar of red wine was lovely but whisky even warmer.

• Joel

Shadow makes you look like you are riding a fat bike.

incase you were wondering YES, i was riding on dirt road with bike packed with kit AND taking a photo with my phone AND shining a light at Joel, all for you guys. I coulda died doing that.

HA! I will buy you a beer next time I see you JP. You got the skills.

But did you get a KOM at the same time?