Paris-Roubaix 2010

agreed - anyone got a projector?
Trigger, C-world?

do you call it Melbourne/roubaix because the road is like the paris roubaix one? i mean pavement etc?

na, we just don’t like Paris.

serious answer.

andy based his famous ride (the melbourne - roobaix) on the slightly more famous french ride (the paris - roubaix).

the roubaix is famous for its cobblestone sections (here pave - pronounced ‘parv-ey’ is taken to mean cobblestones, not pavement). hence the roobaix will take you through all sorts of cobbled laneways.

there you go.

Does anyone know of a pub that will be showing this? Or perhaps of a pub owner who could be convinced to put it on the big screen?

Contact the manager at the Celtic Club in the city. If you can guarantee 20 or so people they should show it on the big screen for you. I go there for Arsenal games and they open early mornings for Champ league games etc.

you can also see it online on french websites like lequipe.fr or french televisions website (frence2.fr)

Too true. And remember it was only a couple of years ago in 2006 that Alessandro Ballan rode a steel Wilier!

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/apr06/roubaix06/?id=/tech/2006/features/roubaix_bikes1

Applying vain Hollywood starlet age-math are you Horatio?

or you could watch it on SBS.

Sorry, I missed that ‘grammar’ thread last month… :mrgreen:

[quote="xbrendanx "]

or you could watch it on SBS.
[/quote]easiest solution

If you want to watch the entire race then use justin.tv streaming until SBS picks up coverage at 1030, and grab the Eurosport audio stream if you want alt commentary.

Also, if you have TPG ADSL2+, they offer IPTV free which includes Eurosport, I watched a lot of the spring classics on this last year. You don’t have to use their web interface, it works with VLC.

ok for SBS…

through. friends of mine will do that this week end:
http://web.me.com/voizine/Paris_Roubaix_Fixie/Larbre.html

a bit like what rock n rollin did 6 months ago…

Woohoo, Paris Roubaix time again!!

Damn and blast to SBS for not showing the whole race, but many thanks to them for showing anything. Hopefully a bunch of silly professionals decide to ride on carbon wheels, and those wheels all explode. Also here’s hoping for a rainy day for once!

So how 'bout them nice fat tyres Cancellara was using !!!

They looked hot. I don’t say this often but for once a high end peleton bike looked right with the nice fat rubber. Any day now they’ll discover the aerodynamic advantages of fenders … :smiley:

I don’t know about the custom made moniker given by Sherwen but Challenge and Dugast both make very nice wide tubulars that looked very similar to what Cancellara was riding. Both companies use a lot of hand fabrication for their high end products.

Or maybe they were tyres by F.M Boyaux (doesn’t Boyaux mean tyre?).
http://www.fm-boyaux.fr/Guppy/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=20

texts from benzy made my night:

“fabian is a beast. he may have a hairdresser’s name, but that’s where it ends.”

He should have made the trek to Brunswick rather than snuggling in his blanket eating Bountys.

Spirito: Maybe Fabian’s been reading BQ?