Parts availability sanity check

Oh, I thought you had a line on laser sintered material.

3d scanning isn’t what you need. roller chain sprocket tooth profiles are well documented and it’s not hard to measure the thread pitch/diam of the body.

But, as mentioned, it would be a lot easier to just get a 3/32" chainring and chain.

I have the same doubts but I thought I may as well ask…it’s “almost everyone” not “everyone” :)…I am not Robinson Crusoe from what I see posted in other forums. In any case I see this as a collaboration-and-learning thing not a fabulous-wealth-awaits thing :).

Chain line measured good by me and independently by an experienced track mechanic. Chain is brand new. If the chain line or chain was out then I’d expect the problem to persist even after changing to a 1/8 freewheel…or? (that’s a real question, I’m not trying to be cheeky)

i’ve just recently gone and done this, 1/8 chainring and chain with WI freewheel. i have noise on takeoff, and a little bit under uphill efforts…haven’t paid attn to high rpms, probably more wind noise anyway.

thoughts on noise and potential problems = zero / fucks given

Thanks for the tip. I fear with measuring that I’d get the pawl interface wrong. Anyway, good to know…thanks!

I heeded your earlier comments :slight_smile: and I have the parts already…that’s the most likely thing I will be doing.

smrt!