Pedals

Actually, for Speedplay pedals, buy these: Keep On Covers for Speedplay

You don’t have to take them off when you’re riding and they protect your cleats, and you can actually walk without feeling completely ridiculous.

I can’t use Speedplays, I’m actually too light (weak) so I am back on Shimano. I miss the float but at least the cleats are cheap.

I have this too but do the old angular clip-in or take off in the big ring so I exert enough force to clip in. Suxxx.

They make a light-action model that might help the two of you out?
SPEEDPLAY : HIGH PERFORMANCE PEDALS

I use Shimano SPD SL, and on one bike I have the model below 105, and it has been flawless for almost 4 years without any maintenance or love. Thats ridden in the rain, raced etc.

I have some ultegra SPD-SL’s that I’ll never use (cos SPD 4 lyf), holla if you want them for cheap.

yeah I have the PDR540’s (think that’s their model) on my roadie & track bike. picked up 3 sets at a fyxo swap meet for about $50 total!

Yep, the 540s are what I have. Seem to be bomb proof, despite only having a plastic strike plate. I think the updated R550 has the metal strike plate and they look heaps better.

Shimano are really good, but Speedplay are better if you have knee concerns in my experience.

Lots of good info here, cheers.

I’ve just started using some Look Keo blade 2 and while they feel great, my knee is giving me a bit of grief atm so I’m looking at putting some pressure off the knee. First thing is that I’ll switch to the red cleat (maximum float on the Look pedals). I hope it’ll work, if not I might have to try the speedplays.

what do you think of this pedal?

Looks like a pedal to me.

Obnoxious, never returns phone calls, short tempered.

not to mention cliquey

Just goes round and round in circles

lets you step all over them though

often clingy

Provides a solid platform for going forward though

Love my speedplays, also having the option of custom length axle’s is a benefit not often discussed. I run the 50mm titanium axle on mine as my knees have a tendency to drift inward on the downstroke

Why not would you change? i think you can do this.