Pegasus Track

My winter project bike, picked up frame couple of months ago… handbuilt by Keith Davis in Canberra in the early eighties (same as me! … just not handmade by Keith) … My old man even knew / raced against Keith back in the day so I feel quite the kinship to the steed…

The paints in need of a bit of love so Im going to have it resprayed in cadbury purple (with sparkles) & am currently getting all the decals redone

Intending to build it up with the full campagnolo groupset (polished to the n’th), am a bit over half way with the collection process… but enough to get it up & running

Frame: Pegasus 1981 60x57cm
Headset: Tange Levin
Rims: Mavic Open Pro
Hubs: Campagnolo Record 32h
Tyres: Specialized 23 front/ Continental Ultrasport 23 rear
Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record 170mm 144bcd
Chainring: All City 16t
Bottom bracket: Campagnolo Record
Cog: surly 18t
Lockring: Campagnolo Record
Chain: Izumi
Pedals: MKS
Clips: MKS
Straps: MKS
Seat post: ???
Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo
Stem: Nitto Technomic 110mm
Handlebar: ???
Grips: Oury

That is tidy, I have a thing for Keith Davis’ frames, maybe because I live in Canberra, my name is Keith and I build frames…? who knows

So clean. diggin it!

That is sweet. IMO leave the paint it looks brilliant just the way it is

Looks sweet, don’t respray it, just polish it up nicely and maybe a new clearcoat over the current paint if possible?

Oh and if you ever want to get rid of the frame…

Keep going with the collection but IMO that piant is very nice, if anything i’d bring it back to that colour, money on paint for a bike that’s going to be ridden=money that could’ve been better spent on components etc my 2c.

That aside, it’s a clean sexy build, is it’s intended use track or street?