post a pic of you and your latest purchase v2.

Nitto goodness.

3 Likes

20220627_155004
New vans, half price from the local surf shop.

1 Like

IMG_01082022_122116_(900_x_605_pixel)

Back to having a track bike, after many years without. Some rollers too.
This is an early 80s Peter Bundy frame. Zeus crown and tips, Ishiwata 017 tubing, cinelli steel bar and stem. OR7 rims like those I had on a Reagan so many years ago, but they are not in a rideable state.

10 Likes

There’s just something about the Bundy’s that hits all the right notes

1 Like

Got these ME5 as an upgrade to my old MO88 spd mtb shoes. They look like they have plenty of grin for those hike a bike sections.

1 Like

Good start to the year, gumtree find for a hunge.

Sugino 75s, Chris King headset, Thomson post and stem, san marco regal saddle on an older schwinn madison frame (powdercoated).

3 Likes

Jaysus, you stole it Jase!!!

Looks kinda like my POS sans stickers with nicer parts

Not bad eh!

Happy new year to me :grin:

Yup!

But we are still waiting on updates for the monstercross/bikepack build. Chop chop!

Wow. Sugino 75’s can pull double that by themselves.

ya, plus thomson, plus thomson, plus CK…

1 Like

Regal saddle?

Indeed

1 Like

A t-shirt and a beer…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Recent NBD and maiden voyage.

4 Likes

So good! How’d you find it?

It’s been maybe 6 years since I’ve ridden MTB on any real trail. That was a 26" hardtail. Took this around the same loop and side trail to check it out, this bike is much better. Dropper post took a little getting used to, but by the end of 10km of XC/firetrail both up and down hill I was into the swing of it.

Heading to Thredbo this weekend for a two day session, so aiming to stay complete/unbroken afterwards.

1 Like

Nice, just take it easy and make sure your suspension has been set up properly for you.

1 Like

Sag set to 25-30%. These air systems make it super simple! I certainly didn’t feel it bottom out on the loop. There will be no shortage of advice or tools on the weekend. One of the group going is a 10 year old kid, so I’ll be trailing him.