post a pic of you and your latest purchase v2.

finally

Paid a deposit on one of these:

Steel, Super Record, Shamals. Undecided about cockpit. Either 3T or Enve.

holy shit

^Nice. What’s the wait time like? I’ve heard everything from 6 months to 3 weeks.

Baum posted a pic of the new Enve road disc fork the other day, keen to see what they end up doing with it.

I phoned them up about a ti frame last year and came close to doing it but went crabon,
The wait wasn’t to bad then about 12 weeks I think

6 months. Currently 70 frames on the books. Paid deposit now, don’t head back to Melburns/Geelong until the end of January.
Hopefully May/June delivery. Could be earlier if other waiting list customers postpone.

Was he persuasive at ACBS? What made you pull the trigger?

You realise buying a Baum terminates your membership here, right?

+1

Somewhat persuasive. The talk on Friday night was a good contrast between the two builders and cemented in my mind what I wanted.
Been thinking about it for almost a year, I’ve had the groupset for over 9 months while I’ve been pondering options.
Almost pulled the trigger on a Tarmac SL4 about 2 months ago but the more I thought about it the conclusion was it’s not really what I want.

Darren does make a nice frames.
But then again so does Keith, Ewen and Tarn. That McLennan is pretty sweet.
There are many aspects including end to end service and his knowledge in bio-mechanics and fitting.

So I could have bought a Tarmac SL4 or a Parlee Z5 and that’s ok but I picked an Australian made steel frame and that’s not ok.
Nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably just wants Polly to feature it, chances are highest with Baum! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sucks, huh. If it was a CX rig you’d be okay.

Wow. That’ll be a nice machine…
Would be super nice with some enve 3.4s clinchers… Haha but then what wouldn’t…
Heaps of nice bikes coming outa Radelaide and Brisvegas and lots of passion hitting the new bikes round here good to see :wink:

Yeah, tough break.

Won’t have no Viking colorway. So unlikely.

What tubing are you going for?

Sweet dude. You’re welcome to come to NW Sydney anytime… We’ve all got Kumos and Primates out here just need a Ken Evans, Baum, Gellie and something from Darrel Mcculloch and we’ve got most of the Australian Frame builders.

ftfy :wink: