post a pic of your latest purchase!

I was too but it is surprisingly nice. In fact, the last 2 days havent been much colder! And less rain.

cheers to Fusen aka Brad for the grips, and gumtree for the stem. Which coincidently the seller of the stem is the owner of a green powdercoated track frame with drilled campy drop outs and double crown forks…mcbain???

long stem is long.

Bits and pieces for a new build. Hoffy frame, roselli cranks, welgo pedals, cinelli stem, izumi chain and gran compe wheels so far. Trying to get it going for relatively cheap.

Well duh!

Riiiiiiiight.

Good luck with that.

flights and accom for gold coast end sept for fiance’s b’day…
really keen for movie world

Please change the wheels… that frame if #ing nice and deserves something more classic. I agree with the rest of the parts though.

The biggest attraction is people watching in cavill ave.
Way better value than movie world.

I get where you’re coming from about the wheels. I Have a set of more classic wheels that will suit it very nicely. But they have tubular rims and loose ball hubs. I’m planning to ride this one a fair bit, so the gran compes should suit that purpose fairly well. Their colour is hideous, but the price was very reasonable for a set of quality wheels. Function over form for the moment.

Bit of paint stripper will fix that for you:)

haha yeah i was actually planning to get the oven cleaner onto them.

Get a spray can of matte black onto those suckers!

This is the answer to all colour issues!!

Exactly. Allow me to present exhibits A and B:

New derailleur day - two of 'em!!! Both arrived on the same day. Son I am excite!

1938 Vittoria Margherita. Gino Bartali used one of these to win the 1938 Tour De France, the second TdF that allowed derailleurs (the first year only Super Champion Osgear was allowed, and for the next couple of years it was only the Osgear and Margherita allowed). This baby takes a 5 speed freewheel.

1948 Lucchini Meccancambio. It’s 4 speed and it’s indexed! Lever goes on the seat-stay. I am so fuckin’ stoked to have this guy!!! Condition is amazing - probably because it doesn’t work very well and got replaced asap(??). Whatevs. Now I’ve just got to work out what bike to put it on. I’ll most likely have to purchase something I suppose. But I’m also tossing up the idea of a fairly modern bike with one glaring anachronism.

Just slowly adding to the pile of stuff that will be waiting for me in America.

Got these two days ago from gear…they look fucking awesome but having a blocked nose whilst wearing them is not a smart move!

now i just need that salsa minimalist rack @_@

These for the Indy Fab
got em cheap. whole thing is not going to match but hey i’m a bit over that now, just want to ride.

WHOOPS! I mean this: