pre war? malvern star path racer rehash.

lovely build … my great uncle used to race on a malvern star pre war, i’d love to have my hands on one from that era restored.

i have that almost exact frame.
mine has all the same geometry but proper drop outs instead of bolt one ones
thinking of doing something similar to make a real cruiser kind of bike.

nice restoration, I have basically the same bike as that…

although Spirito dropped some knowledge on me and informed me it is a Malvern Star ‘Utility’, not a ‘Path Racer’

Cool bikes none-the-less

My only gripe would be all the cabling on there, necessary for the ‘style’ of build but not all that traditional.

Use it for cx sime…

I have a similar bike and am fixing it up, whats the best size rims for one of these?

i used velocity p35 29er mtb rims (ie really wide 700c rims), paired with the fat tires gave me sweet FA of tyre clearance, but anything less than 2.0" tyres will fit perfectly.

so yeah 700c will work fine.

bike rules! the scorcher style handlebars are sick. what are they?

$25 chrome things from abbotsford, they are meant to be the other way round, but dad refused:p

nice haha
i had the same idea of flipping cruiser bars to make some scorcher bars for a bit of fun…
something like this but obviously not as nice http://www.fooriders.com/images/bikes/merlinscorcher/IMG_9378.JPG

YEAH RIGHT! too fucking heavy!!!

I got one of those too, asked the guys from the Canberra Bicycle Museum who told me it was from the 1930s.

It was just a frame when I got it, built it up as Gentleman’s Three-speed, with internal hub gearing and a dynamo. Cork grips and Carradice Nelson Longflap finishes the deal.