'Pumplin Run Wednesday 30 December 2009

definitely in, as is Tom…
still working on Rob!

yes am def in for this as it will be quite the night out.Hey Andy and Lewis,check me out im a forum nerd!

fixed that for you…

mmmmmOK, I’m coming along. Need to find a couple of light things. Whats everyone running as a front light?

Knog Gekko.

Least Ugly/Bright front light I could find. The lil’ 1 LED strap-ons were causing many a near miss by mummy wagons in the suburbs.

Which reminds me, nearly collided with some mentalist on the anzac bike path the other day who had a rear light on his front.

weird little super bright leds. got some spare if you need one. let me know. i might just bring all my lights just in case…

i’ll probably turn up to this.

Seconded that gekko light that old mate posted. They are sweet.
I am pumped for this one! Gonna be great fun.

very pumped as well, been looking forward to this since xmas:D

convinced Rob to come as well, Matt too, and Miki showed some interest earlier so will be good!!!

I’m back in Sydney! See you all tonight.

Spoke cards are laminated. The route is finalised. And I’m working on some directions.

Sneak Peak for the forum nerds:

Expect around a 25km ride, with some long flat runs on the (hopefully empty) main roads, punctuated by some nice hill climbs, and a couple of leg-spinning descents. There will be harbour and ocean views, and I’ve kept the navigation as simple as possible.

I’m pumped too. See you at the Cricketers.

im going to kick all of your asses back into town.

i will pay money to see that

maxi-taxis dont count

goddam leaving your account logged in and having lewis around.

Top ride. Thanks Carlin

Map of the ride here if anyone is interested. All up about 20km with 400m of climbing

sweet. wait til rhys gets his data uploaded with max speeds and all. wonder what he hit on the drop to the spit bridge? im gonna take a punt and say 65+ km/h.

Rik said his top speed was 62kph, average speed overall was 28kph with sections of 33kph on the flats. Not too bad.

It was an excellent ride, I am pretty beat now though.

Big thanks to Carlin! Will have a few shitty pics up soonish.

average speed of 28kph is not that bad for 20km

What an awesome ride, though I am absolutely fucked now. I only just got up and its 3pm haha.
I don’t have my watch to upload the data here at the moment, though I did check it and the max speed was 63.6km/h. I am assuming this was for the spit bridge descent, although the bent st one felt faster due to proximity of cars, walls, each other, and death.
When are we doing it again!