Quality affordable Pedal Straps

Never used them, so I don’t know about their quality, but wellgo make some cheapies. I’ve had these CKC guys on my weekend bike for a while and they seem fine. I’ve never used anything like bogear or holdfast or whatever so I can’t speak to the benefits of paying 2 to 3 times as much.

I run home made ones which are similar to the cheaper ones around. The single strap seems to twist forward with angle of my shoe meaning they don’t really hold that well. If I’m heavy braking my shoe can slip out if I don’t make an effort to ram it in. Also, the velcro loosens a bit over time.

My guess is that the BO Gear versions with the dual loops would allow you to have a tight spots over the toe and ball of your foot resulting in a good hold. I’ve never used them but know from seeing other people with the BO Gear ones get a better foot hold.

Another +1 for BO gear and they’re really nice guys, they have been known to throw in freebies if you’re nice back.

Ive used seatbelts zipties and duct tape to make straps, it was my first set i thought they were great til i bought skingrows back lol never again get good straps ive had mine for like 4 years

These straps are the beez neez, I have these on all my work bikes and will probably never use anything else. (I have been using the same pair on my fixed gear work bike for over 2 years now.)

Not that it matters much to non-messengers, the BOgear straps retain their shape in the wet, which is a massive plus if are riding around all day in the rain. I have found that SGB and Hold Fast are a bit tricky to get on when they are soaked through.