RED HOT argument again. .

Car vs Bike

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/0,22023,24520482-661,00.html

I love the first 3 replies. All saying it’s the cyclists fault for not being registered and not on the road.

“Dont always believe what cyclists have to say. If they want to take control of the roads how about they pay yearly registrations as well.”

“Get cyclists of the road or register them. Car users can be identified when behaving badly - why not cyclists? They should be banned from coastal roads immediately”

Er, didn’t a car just run a bunch of cyclists over? Sheesh.

dont read that shit, its bad for you

The stupidity is contagious!

For real. It sounds like all the motorists are hard done by.

Maybe they should get a bike and be happy. :wink:

Cars R Cunts

That’s all, it will always be like this, were not Europe unfortunatly (im jealous Karl) were a conservative ignorant colony of imperial England.

Education doesn’t work, because they don’t care, militancy doesn’t work, because its justifies their actions, more people riding just creates more targets for them to hit.

Last night a fucking commodore crossed to the other side of the road to hit me and my girlfriend while we were riding, he could have killed us.

educate that.

News.com.au needs to implement this idea for their comments page:

XKCDftw

People keep in mind also this happened in Frankston, who here is actually suprised?? Also to Ben Simpson, be more concise. Your response is way too long. I doubt anyone has bothered to read it.

You got him there, buddy.

Cyclist registration is currently happening at Phoenix, Arizona and the interesting thing is that issues between cyclists and pedestrians / vehicles has drastically reduced. Why is it so - because they are now identifiable and are held accountable for their actions so why cyclists constantly wish to not pay registration. Also what happens to a pedestrian whom may get injured by a cyclist as since there is no CTP insurance? Sue the cyclist so the cyclist then declares himself bankrupt while the injured party from his or her own finance has to pay the increasing health bills?

Interesting.

Does anyone know which states/counties in the america have different rules for cyclists (eg red lights/stop signs become give way/when safe etc)?

I’d also like to take this juncture to state that ATB really brings out the worst in cyclists (or the worst cyclists). We were riding down to Geelong along the highway (two abreast on the shoulder) and this pelton is approaching from behind. The people at the front yelling at us to get over. It really infuriated me to think that if I was in a car coming up behind them, getting agressive with the horn, they’d be feeling pretty angry and intimidated. Oh yeah, the group was about 5 or 6 wide and taking up half the car lane anyway. Chumps.

Couldn’t agree more.

People enjoy having a rant, any time they spend typing responses to Herald Sun articles is time they’re not spending abusing cyclists, so I say let them rant. In the mean time, I’m going for a ride.

:sunglasses:

…uhh why dont people have to wear numberplates on the back of their pants… or maybe just a barcode on the back of the head that the Citylink cameras can read? :roll:

Cyclist registration is currently happening at Phoenix, Arizona and the interesting thing is that issues between cyclists and pedestrians / vehicles has drastically reduced. Why is it so - because they are now identifiable and are held accountable for their actions so why cyclists constantly wish to not pay registration. Also what happens to a pedestrian whom may get injured by a cyclist as since there is no CTP insurance? Sue the cyclist so the cyclist then declares himself bankrupt while the injured party from his or her own finance has to pay the increasing health bills?

Is it possible the number of incidents has been reduced because a great deal of the cyclists who were using Phoenix roads thought registration was bullshit, therefore decided to abandon the bicycle and get back in their cars, or on public transport?