removing difficult stickers.

+1!

mckenny suggested that when the cat was being bad we could call her bobby digital…

Do you feed the RZA digisnacks?!

WD40 :wink:

It does a good job of lifting all the sticky residue and won’t eat paint like acetone. Spray, rub, spray, rub <repeat>

One more for the shopping list: Orange Power, or any of those citrus-based orange type things. That stuff eats through anything, I’ve used it for stickers before, and it’s as good as nail polish remover but without the acetone. Smells better too.

i have also received this advice from other reliable sources.

Make sure you have plenty of old rags around as the wd40 helps move the old sticky residue off the frame but onto clothes, hands etc etc. Plan to toss the rags unless you want to transfer the the old glue and sticky residue elsewhere.

Afterwards, you wash/clean the area to remove any trace of the wd40. Not that it’s harmful but it remains slippery. I’ve used WD40 and plenty of old frames where the decals have split and cracked and armed with a plastic spatula it has worked perfectly to remove them all.

from a mate who works with carbon building boat masts…

eucalyptus, rag, credit card.

else, i’ve used ‘rip-off’ a number of times getting stickers off metal, plastic and glass.
similar to WD40, it really stickies up the rag.

+1 - they do a goo remover type thing - like big kev but without the bad shirts…

i’ve found goo remover works best (super cheap etc have various types). following this, tea tree oil (better than eucalyptus). + add heat.

on a related topic, removing ancient tubular glue? i even tried paint stripper and it won’t fkn budge!

Tea tree oil has to do it. peel the stickers off as best you can, don;t worry about the gunk left ver, then use heaps of tea tree oil and some elbow grease.

with all this talk of big kev, we need pics!

+1 for the hair dryer.

And get some presol/solvex onto it aswell…

Goof Off (sold at bunnings) is the best I have found. Then use Acetone to remove any residue left over as it evaporates of and leaves a clean finish. Acetone wont react with the resin. I have used it on my carbon rims heaps.

just as an aside
i didnt have wd40/teatree oil to remove sticky residue so i tried olive oil…it didnt work.

Acetone is what zipp recomend to remove old glue on tubs but it’s well nasty stuff and a last resort.

Our cats name is iggy puss but he does not play well with strangers.

Steam from the kettle works a treat