replacement cones for dura ace hubs

anyone know where i could get some replacement cones for a high flange older dura ace hub? took the bastard apart to overhaul it and one of the cones is pitted to all fuck.

Have you asked your LBS for a 10mm diameter, 1mm thread cone? I’m fairly sure that Abbotsford have a box of Wheels Mfg spacers/cones etc.

+1 for what Blakey said…

…and if your cone is that pitted check your balls - they could be a bit rough as well. For the cost you should probably replace them while you’re at it. They’re often overlooked but if you rebuild with bad balls you’ve kind of wasted the effort.

I mean bearing balls.

(have a look at the cups in very good light while you’re at it).

And before you know it half an hour’s “zen and the art of _ _cycle maintenance” on a sunday arvo turns into 2 days and half a week’s wedge dropped at abbotsford cycles :smiley:

I had the same problem about six months ago. Seems that the cones from older style dura-ace track hubs are a bit hard to come by. At abbotsford they had a road hub cone which was a little wider than the one I was replacing but they filed it down and it worked out fine. In the end it was sorted out pretty cheaply.

cheers all. i think something got in behind the dustcap. things were all smooth and then i heard a godawful clunky/scrathcy sound. i got off and walked home holding up the rear wheel to prevent further damage.

i guess it makes sense to replace the cones and bearings seeing as i have everything out already.

i’ll dash down to abbotsford at lunch.

And before you know it half an hour’s “zen and the art of _ _cycle maintenance” on a sunday arvo turns into 2 days and half a week’s wedge dropped at abbotsford cycles

Good book hey.

I think my DA hubs might need a bit of this kinda action too… been putting it off though.

A.C. (that’s abbotsford cycles, not anal cunt) were awesome, ordered me cones and bearings on tuesday, i picked them up yesterday.