retiring from ebay

ive officially had enough of selling. ebay is good to make money on but the idiot buyers are shitting me so badly.

i do them a favour by using a fully tracked courier rather than aust post (except when they really want aust post, i understand its easier for some people etc)
they send emails with caps lock on having a huge tantrum asking where their package is 2 days after the auction ended and they didnt do an instant payment anyway (NO IM NOT SHIPPING IT UNTIL I HAVE YOUR MONEYS ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?)
they demand URGENTLY A CONSIGNMENT NUMBER AND THE DETAILS OF THE COURIER the day after they paid (GO CALL YOUR LAWYER YOU COCK)
they whinge that postage was too much (ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS THAT SHIT ACTUALLY COSTS MONEY AND TIME TO PACK UP FOR YOU)
they whinge because they didnt read the description and look at the photos properly (YES IT HAS A FEW MINOR SCRATCHES JUST LIKE I SAID IN THE DESCRIPTION AND SHOWED IN THE PHOTOS)
they whinge about FUCKING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING (CUNTS)

surprisingly they never complain when my mint condition and well packed items arrive in their hands faster than 99% of people on ebay. less surprisingly they always leave good feedback?

ive got shit coming from ebay from over 2 weeks ago, i am sure it will arrive soon enough. if i need it fast why wouldnt i just go into a shop?

what the fuck is wrong with people

fuck this shit it takes hours of my time to deal with these knobs. im just going to do bargain sales on forums from this day forth.

love from me

at the risk of feeling some alex wrath

i feel better already!

forum sales… yay for trading axes

Yo Alex, it’s okay. People are stupid. That’s why I saw them driving cars to work this glorious summer morning.

Here, this might make you laugh. It made me laugh.

I kind of find it funny that you came on here to whinge about people winging in ebay but that may just be because it 2 minutes to 5 on a Friday arvo and I need a beer

Ebay does your head in. No matter how clearly and simply you spell it out there’s always idiots. It’s still the biggest flea market in the world and unfortunately if you chase the biggest $'s it’s gonna cost you in other ways.

Yup - most people are just dicks - sad but true, a mate sold a wheel set say “the hubs in these are dodgy and will need new bearings at least or probably totally replaced - bid accordingly”

The dude who bought them - for $187 !!! sends a furious email saying … these hubs are no good and wants a refund.

Couldn’t believe it … what a cock sucker

Tom

From my experience, being honest, and having clear images usually works a treat…

From my experience, shit images and bad descriptions lead to the greatest bargains.

bane of my life. people not reading stuff and asking dumb questions. Has anyone noticed how the people who ask questions 99.99% of the time never end up buying it?

In life as well as ebay.

lol yes

i sold a crankset recently, ‘compact crankset, 50t and 34t chainrings’

received a question ‘is this 53t and 39t chainrings?’

the mind really does boggle

about 9 years ago i used to manage a collectable record store in perth and looked after all our ebay listing (hundreds at a time).

bike questions may be annoying but until you’ve been grilled by German record collectors for days at a time regarding something like the very special US only pressing of the obscure hair metal record Tori Amos made before her solo career, you’ve haven’t even scratched the surface.

I’m selling my bike at the moment on eBay, and I remembered this thread. I’ve had a couple of guys sending me emails, asking questions about the bike, and in particular, payment for the bike, and they sound really, really dodgy. I don’t want to cut+paste the emails, because they might not be that dodgy, but how the fuck can you tell?

Cut n paste contents with out senders details.

“Thanks for your time.I’m buying it for my son that just got an admission abroad and being his first time of relocating outside Australia and just to wish him good luck with school.I will only be making payment via paypal safest online payment(pls visit www.paypal.com) as hv been burnt many times via online bank transfer/payment and for the convenience of both parties i hv organised with someone to come pick it up as soon as we’re through with payment.I want you to know that i would have come with cash in hand myself and do the necessary things before concluding on payment but i’m not in the country right now due to work commitments, we save peoples life as i’m a public health worker with which we get transferred to a whole lot of places at anytime.So let me know your exact final selling price and email me your paypal account details so that i can transfer the funds at my earliest convenience.”

I feel kinda bad posting it, in case it’s genuine, but it’s a scammer, right?

That’s pretty weird. Not sure that it’s a scam though unless he’s asking for ALL of your paypal details.

Does seem to be written in Nigerian scam type text though.

As I said, weird. Just a little too much information on their part.

It does look like a scam but how exactly would they be able to scam you out of anything? It wouldn’t be possible for them to take money from you using paypal would it and if you don’t get the money just don’t give up the goods.

I have had lots of those before when selling stuff through my Uni classifieds, it seems they are usually just trying to get your email address and name, I guess for data fishing or whatever it is these crazy kids get up to