Riddle me that alleycat 16/7

Can I make that my sig?

It’s today. Been watching radar, only isolated showers. 1-4mm predicted, which, lets be honest will keep the roads damp, but isn’t excatly weather worth staying at home for. If the weather turns nasty, I’ll call it, and postpone it two weeks, but the weathers gotta be really shitty for that to happen.
Everything is sorted otherwise, prizes are organised and everythings ready. If you look on Facebook you’ll notice the sponsors have been very generous with stickers you’ll also notice the spoke cards are done (this is worth checking out). Every person will recieve stickers and spoke cards and the like, so nobody is going home empty handed.

sure,

That was kind of a rhetorical question, do you seriously have a dad that’s bringing his softride? That’s going be a great antidote to the colorful young hipster kids that I assume will be the majority of the crowd.

I think I’m going to skip the DHBC Tempe omnium and come to this tonight, since from the sounds of things there’ll be more laughs.

It’s today. Triple checking everything. If I forget anything I apolgise in advance.

Dead set it’s a bit of a frankin bike he said he’s runnin 50/36 on the front and 16fw on the back. He is a dude 56yr ex fitter and turner. He said he will also be in full Lycra, to which I told him it’s not that kinda thing but if it’s green do it. His name is Steve say hi he will get there b4me and feel outa place

Holey shit, I’m going to have to find a prize for your dad!

Spread the word: Remember to BRING SOMETHING TO WRITE WITH!

Sounds good. Looking forward to it, and looking forward to catching up with a few people.

Yeh, this should be a lot of fun. Nath, I’ll send you a msg when I find out what pub we end up at.

Yeah sweet. Sounds geeky but I’ve got an online car race to manage for myself and 25 others. If it wasn’t a championship round (and if I didnt have the fastest lap time in practice by over a second) I’d blow it off and come ride, but alas, looks like I’m gonna be pretty competitive, so I’d better do all the rounds.
Here’s one of my laps in practice incase you’ve no idea what the fuck I’m talking about lol

Good luck with the cat to all who are entered. Watch out for taxi’s! See you all afterwards! I should be done by about 9:30, so will head in after that.

Before I do a write up, heres a set of thank you’s:

A big thank you Jarod, for help organising the alleycat and checkpointing.
A big thank you Andy for the help and the checkpointing (and the pie and beer)

Thank you to Nat and Felix for checkpointing.
Thank you to Justin for the prizes and checkpointing.

Nick (photographer and checkpointer) = Legend. THANKS HEAPS

Peachy, and Brad… hanging around with you guys at the finish was awesome. Thanks for the help.

Thanks to the sponsors.
Thanks for people turning up.

Nice meeting you all. Dude who hung with me at the start and listened to me ramble about mtb’s and tubeless tyres which from the post above name is luke (cause I forgot your name previous to that)- was good chatting (didn’t see you at the finish). Nice to meet to Nath, Carlin and anyone else who introduced themselves.
Was pretty overwhelmed at times with what was happening so thats going to be my excuse for yelling at you, or mumbling or repeating what I said… I’ll post a little report and stuff soon.

Nice work mate. Bloody good turnout, was good fun to be a part of.

Bring on the next one!

can’t believe no one posted things of fun and good times, alex no rambling heard, mtb is a strange and bizzare language.as for the crowd it was good to see people i dont get to see often enough and new faces are always good mix of bikes but all said hello… nicely done alex cant wait for the next one. also photos please.

^^ seconded/thirded. Was great fun, nice meeting all of you, everyone was nice/friendly/whatnot.

Next time I might even remember where the finish is

Unfortunately missed this due to public transport. Got out of a movie/girlfriend duties about 6pm and no buses turned up to go grab my bike from Newtown.

Came for a wander around 6.45 and had a look and looked like a pretty decent turn out. The chance of rain and my tendency to get hit by cars was also a small deterrent.

Thanks again Alex - was a hella fun night!

It’s good to see events in Sydney.

I imagine a lot goes into organising an event like this, so thanks for putting it all together.

Pics alex!

Waiting on pictures from Fixie BikeMarket, I have more photos from Nick who was taking the preso pictures but have been too busy to write up a little race debriefing.
These are from my kind checkpointer Justin fox who a rad dude.

Jarod’s ride.

Andy.

Andy’s Mash.

Nat’s ride.

Nick’s ride.

Felix was my checkpoint partner and we were in charge of giving out these riddles to riders when they rocked up to our checkpoint (which was the Opera House).

Spoke card!

The sponsors.

Andy. After us checkpointers got our briefing we snuck in a pie face session.

When we got back to the starting point the serious dude were ready to rock.

My Reign and Felix?s CAAD. Felix and I headed straight for the Opera House, and played the waiting game.

In what seemed like no time at all a horde of riders came blasting down the hill, all lights blazing, zipping through the Opera House show goers and all of a sudden we didn?t have enough hands to hand out the riddles. 3 guys went down in all the excitement, these guys were so competitive we didn?t even get as much as a ?hi? from most of them!

Security hammered Felix and I after they all left, we decided to move the checkpoint closer to the road so that show goers and tourists weren?t in harms way from psycho cyclists!

At 9PM we called it a night and headed to the finish point. With almost 60 riders, it was a great sight to see.

Wasted people in cabs on the way to the cross were yelling all sorts of foul crap, typical Sydney weekend!

The Cycling Express voucher was given to dead last!

Winner!

Winning Paino.

First girl winner won some great gear (candy cranks chainring drew some envy!).

Alex (aka Lorday) had some extra prizes to give away to the first 2 people who jumped in and rode across the fountain haha