Riding tunes

In light of the recent round of questioning posed here, I thought might share my thoughts on the tunes that I love to ride to, and invite others to add theirs… and THEN I can put em all together and create a playlist that i can all fixed.org

so here are some of my faves:

bounce - system of a down
this tune is especially useful when the hammer is firmly down

cello song - nick drake
on bike paths, sun shining through the trees, livin nice and easy. lyrics need not be paid attention

only living boy in new york - simon and garfunkle
good for riding home through some city streets from a night at the pub… very limited use in the Can :wink:

Soooooo… what are some of your faves and in what situ do you ‘stick it in yer ear’?

OH! and…

Shake yer dix - Peaches
On the WAY out for a night at the pub… gets me rollin’

so that’s why you didn’t hear me hollering at you @ eastern valley way/belconnen way this evening. Shame on you JP for you are anti-coast-anti-social :slight_smile:

• Joel

Galaxy 500 :- The Reverend Horton Heat

Dead set in the fair dinkum department, this shizzel is basically sensational. Crank this to the mega and it will change your life.

Well it changed mine. :shock:

Not that I’m advocating riding with music because I think it’s down-right dangerous (not that i’m worried about the person listening but more for when i’m screaming at you). But:

When off the bike and dreaming about bicycles

Death Amphetamine, Exodus, album: Shovel Headed Kill Machine

Light Sabre Cock Sucking Blues, Mc Clusky, album: Do Dallas

Tear it Down, Hatebreed, album: The Rise of Brutality

CraigC.

Deaf people ride bikes too.

Deaf people ride bikes too.[/quote]

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.

I have tried using international sign language (flipping the bird) on people who “appear” to be deaf, but have always found a negative response for some reason. Maybe those white ear buds are for their hearing aid.

CraigC.

Deaf people ride bikes too.[/quote]

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.

I have tried using international sign language (flipping the bird) on people who “appear” to be deaf, but have always found a negative response for some reason. Maybe those white ear buds are for their hearing aid.

CraigC.[/quote]

I get defensive because I ride with headphones a fair bit and I’d like to think I’m not a menace. I think the kind of people who are a menace are probably like that with or without headphones.

Maybe I am a menace and I don’t know it yet.

I have had a number of close calls with ‘Pod Lemmings’? 2006. Natural selection rocks!

Not for I.

I like to be able to hear the traffic.

The way motorists drive (and some cyclists) I think its too dangerous not to use all your senses when on the road. Deaf people often have other enhanced senses. We don’t!!

I won’t condone riding with music in ears. I think its dangerous. I did it for awhile way back, but not now. Found it too distracting, and… I’d prefer on a quiet morning just to hear the wind or the chain…

Nuff said!

I don’t tend to really listen to any specific tunes while out riding, mainly just the radio. Kinda like tristan, I like to hear the cars that are about to kill me…

Another reason not be a ‘Pod Lemming’, is Bike Pain. If your bike makes ugly noises it is in PAIN. Bikes should not be in pain. Guess what you can’t hear while your boping along to Britney? Bike Pain.

“Bopping along to Britney” is a guarantee of pain.

You don’t even need to be on a bike to be in pain listening to her!!

Just like her lil boy. He seems to be in constant pain due to hitting the ground on a regular basis

The only time I ride with headphones is out on the track, where the only thing I listen to is 2020 by Biftek.

Otherwise, I want to hear everything.

I feel naked riding without music.

I’ve never been hit from behind (touch wood), but, if it was going to happen, (1) I probably wouldn’t hear it coming anyway, and (2) even if I did hear it, I doubt I’d be able to do anything about it.