River Ride - 12 October 2013

That’s a good ride, nearly the same as this one. Park by the river, just down past the Museum, then cross the river and head north.

Have fun.

That’s the route that we rode, for the most part, but I assume you’ll take the west side of the Macdonald River instead of the east. (St Albans Rd, not Settler’s Road.)

Here’s a map I made:

I think that will be more like 140km all up. I would definitely take River Road (scenic and no cars) instead of Wiseman’s Ferry Rd/Old Northern Road (busy and hilly)

If you want to cut it down a bit, the least-nice part of the ride is from Windsor to Wilberforce. I’d probably skip that part if you wanted to cut the distance down, and leave the car in Wilberforce.

Thanks Alex and yes I planned to ride the River Road. Skipping the first part may be a good idea as I definitely want to make it to St Albans (yes over St Albans road) for lunch.

Loved it. What a nice area to go riding in. We ended up only riding to Wisemans Ferry and back due to the heavy back burning they did in the area. The air was filled with smoke, our eyes got teary and breathing was harder than normal. On our way back, the temperature out there hit 37 degrees, no wind at all…what an awesome day! Will be back there shortly.

The heat caught us out as well - so much hotter out there than in the city.

Sounds like a good one though, glad that worked out.

Let us know next time you want to head out there. I’d be up for doing it fixed next time.

…had a blast and didn’t see any other cyclists, not one…found that quite weird. Around 10 cars in 5hours of riding…heaven.

Sounds like a plan, especially the “I’d be up for doing it fixed next time” part.