Room For Rent - Fitzroy

The JAMS may not respond to this thread unless it is in a helpful manner!

Hi
We’re looking for a new house mate to move in with me in Fitzroy, with the room available from Feb 15th.

Sadly, one is leaving for greener pastures and to chase a much longed for (but sadly, lower paying) career change.

House is a fully furnished (apart from the rooms for rent) 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom town house about 5 years old on Leicester St, between Brunswick & Nicholson, so very close to public transport and all the good stuff that comes with living in the area.

Floorboards and polished concrete floors through out, nice exposed brick/concrete looking stuff in the living areas and corrugated steel panels as features in the hallway. There is also a balcony upstairs that leads off the living room which is very nice for having beers and relaxing on, that has a few pot plants and a little herb garden.

Kitchen has stone bench tops with nice and shiny Smeg (yes ha ha) appliances (oven, stove, dishwasher) and is nice and spacious.

A/C and heating in the common areas and all bedrooms have heaters.

The bedroom for rent is downstairs and shares a bathroom with 1 other room (bedroom fits queen size bed, dressers, bookshelves etc with ease) and has a built in double wardrobe. It also has a door that opens into a courtyard/carport so you can park your car there or set up your own outdoor area. Up to you…

Not fussed if applicants are guys or girls as we have a dude (me) and girl both here at present. The usual shit about housemates applies (not a slob, working & can pay rent and bills on time, not a smackie etc, not into bringing you and 37 of your mates back to party at 3am after a big night at Bimbos).

I’m 31 and work full time in print and design and enjoy music (listening, watching, playing), art & design, books, bikes and the other person is 30 and enjoys pretty much the same give or take – the usual guff in other words, so if you were to enjoy some of those things and were around that age as well, that would be super.

Rent is $206.00 per week/$892.00 pcm plus bills (wireless internet is $30 per month each and bills run to about $50-60 a month, if that).

Oh and looking for long term housemates, so no travellers sorry. Y’know, to make it a home and not just a crash pad where people nod when they pass in the hall. Plus I can’t be arsed looking again in 3 months cos writing these ads is hard.

Send me a PM if you’d like to arrange a time to have a look or wish to ask any questions.