Rossin Pista

Rust inhibitor to the inside? How do you do that? (Sorry Flanders, I’ll give your thread back soon…nice ride by the way.)

Fishoilene (or similar) aerosol and straw nozzle works for me.

I like the spray types. Bunnings or your favourite hardware store will have some type of fish oil with an applicators nozzle for hard to get at bits. Some peep’s like other stuff too. Search here or google around as there’s many solutions. I’d prefer Weigle’s Frame Saver but I can’t source it locally. Anyway, anything is better than nothing.

Spray inside generously and move it around, All the nooks and crannies, wherever you can get inside. Sit the frame so that it coats/slides around and keep rotating the frame so you can try to get coverage everwhere.S ome of it will pool up and get gunky but you can wipe that. Clean it up before building with a few rags. It’s important to leave it open and let it breathe dry for a day or so. Do this once a year or every few years, together with a repaint every 20 or 30 years and your frame will be ridden by your grandkids.

It’s actually quite simple.

Can you buy this from Bunnings or similar?

So it’s worth applying to any steel frame?

Yup, Inox / Lanox is also available at auto stores.

Yes and Yes

a wild flanders

a wild flanders :cool:

Yes, doesn’t hurt and is probably good for it.

Remember all your trying to do is spray a think coat evenly on all sides of the tube, so roll it around and drain off any excess moisture. Some of the stuff used stinks … so better of in the shed or outside. It’s also sticky … so a bot of meths or spirit will help clean up any drips or stuff that runs out.

Then clean up the threads, and polish the paint on the outside with a good auto polish or even Mr. Sheen before reassembly.

I should add that I’d leave headset cups and fork crown Races in place. No need to pull them, spray around, they’ll be fine.

How do you clean inside your fork blades if you don’t remove the fork crown? We don’t all have fancy Columbus crowns with removable plastic caps y’know! Personally, I de-braze my frames once a year to give the inside of the tubes a good clean.

Okay, thanks.

And what is the specific product I’m asking for when I walk into Bunnings or similar hardware shop?

Wattyl Fishoilene aerosol or any other rust inhibitor.

Like this, but aerosol:

Killrust Fishoilene
[ul]
[li]An anti-corrosive protective fluid for steel where normal surface preparation[/li]is difficult
[li]Ideal for hard to reach areas such as cracks, crevices along pipes, nuts and bolts,[/li]hinges and welds
[/ul]

On the topic of muppets… this video is funny shit.

And once again, Flanders, Nice ride :slight_smile:

smart ass

hey, I’ll place the Samoan attorney if you grow a comb over and sport a Hawaiin shirt. I could use some ether right now :wink:

This thng is fucking raaaaaaaad. I love Rossin frames.

needs more toe overlap. other than that I :heart:

My 1985 +/- a year Colnago Pista was raced on the track, scratched etc. I got Joe Cosgrove to clear coat it, to keep in all that character building goodness :slight_smile: Probs going to do it my Ciocc aswell.

would look even nicer with a set of drops…

but then all real track frames do…

only took a few months(post your ride threads) for this to be realised on the perkins

yeah with the boys on this leave it as it is and throw on some drops

but other than that this thing is fucking mean looking, love it, nice size too!