Shamal Track Black

exactly:)

I asked…

Yes mate. sold for $750 to a guy in Melbourne so I might get to see them again one day at Darebin indoor lol. I really wanted to keep them but they were just an ornament. They need to be ridden and I haven’t raced in ages… Too good to waste, so on to someone else who will hopefully love them.

Yes, good way to “park” an auction if you need to buy a little time (stopping others from taking the buy it now out) or arrange a local pick up (if the seller offers no shipping). Of course if someone else bids on top of you then it’s an auction as normal.

It’s worked a couple of times for me. Saw a listing that was too cheap … “park” bid that took out the buy it now option. Checked the sellers feedback, did some referencing if the item was not common or I wasn’t sure of the history or value or compatibility, then cancelled my bid and took the “buy it now” option.

Quite honestly, if an item sells on ebay at a buy-it-now price then clearly the seller has listed it price too low.

i hate to rain on parades here, but the black shamals are pretty much exactly the same as pistas. which are still most excellent wheels, but can be purchased new from various online stores for around $700.

in other words, meh.

thanks Buzz Killington :wink:

and they are heavy.

I reckon the hubs on the older black shamals are better than those on the current campy pistas though… And heavy doesn’t matter as much on the boards, can be an advantage in some cases.

I just started reading this post and I think if I had of read it yesterday before bidding ended I’d now be the semi-proud owner of some black Shamals. Glad I didn’t because I still really want the silver ones, mainly because they’re shiny…

want these… damn pricey

define better, i would expect all campy track hubs to perform exactly the same as they all have identical internals

the ones on the new pistas are silver and shiny.
seriously though the hubs on the new pistas look a little tacky, but couldn’t compare them to the shamals because I haven’t ridden them

the outer shell is black anodized on pistas, otherwise the same as their current track hubs apart from the spoke drilling. everything inside is exactly the same as all their track hubs for the last 30 odd years except for maybe the outer cone locknut which is probably round like a road one to fit inside the shamal (and c-record?) dustcaps.