Shimano Di2 'Mechanical'

I thought electronic was never meant to go out of adjustment lol:

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A BIKE STORE MECHANIC DOESN’T SET UP YOUR DRIVE TRAIN PROPERALLY RESULTING IN YOUR REAR DERAILLEUR SHIFTING SO LOW THAT IT GETS GRABBED BY THE REAR SPOKES. THE CAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED(because it was destroyed) AND THE ENTIRE BOLT ATTACHMENT WAS BROKEN OFF IN THE PROCESS ALONG WITH THE DERAILLEUR HANGER ALONG WITH SOME SPOKES FROM THE REAR WHEELSET

Sounds like an expensive mistake! Wonder why the aluminium has literally been torn apart?

so it begins…

Weight Weenies • View topic - Di2 RD Problem…

please tell me you’re joking man.

hah, shitmaNO

I got hit by a car a few years back in Melbourne. Driver didn’t stop and I got up, dusted myself off, and kept riding. Noticed a clicking sound as I was riding the last few kms home, then a bang as the rear derailleur was pulled off by the rear wheel. Learning experience to always check the rear hanger to see if it has been bent after a stack.

Not joking. Although i’ve never shifted an RD into a rear wheel. So this is always the result? I would have thought the spokes would break before the actual forged aluminium…

So the Di2 RD has normal limit screws like any other?

The forged aluminium used is actually quite soft. The misadventure I listed above left me with a Campagnolo Daytona RD that was torn in half. The spokes were slightly bent but otherwise in good shape. None pulled out of the eyelets, and the wheel was left in true.

No shit eh. Learn something new everyday.

Better reattach my pie plate then!

Geezzz setting the top limit screw is the first bloody thing you take care of when you set up your rear mech
Never take a hi end bike or one you care about to a shop, most mechaincs spend all day working on hybrid rubbish
And are fucken ham fisted monkeys who turn to a hammer as the fix any thing tool.
With the exception of dan at shifter and Felice at cycling projects in Sydney, buy some tools, watch utube and or ask a mate who’s in the know and learn a few new tricks.

We only have this guys side to the story it may have been adjusted correctly then knocked inwards in use so that it could hit the spokes. Why do you think the pro’s run stiffer aftermarket rd hangers on frames often made of steel not alloy. There are shit bike mechaincs as wll as shit car mechaincs etc Dan and Felice are not the only good ones in Australia but calling everyone monkeys is a bit rich.

Yeh, no one in Melbourne can fix a bike in any shop, except for Dan Hale.

SugarTrollye is successful in his quest.

Agree with the last part about learning things yourself, but not the rest- well done sugarkane you’ve managed to offend most of this forum haha!

yea sorry that was a little rich…

i have meet a lot of mechanics who make me cringe though. there are a lot of places here in sydney that will take any opportunity to stick you in the arse for any thing they can get away with…

round here they are mostly rude and profess to know every thing yet you call up the shop looking for a set of Italian BB cups and the guy at the other end doesn’t even know what your talking about…

bikes are pretty bloody simple and when you buy most parts these days they come with quite detailed instructions