Simple pleasures

Jumped onto the bike this evening after falling asleep on the couch. The combination of dark streets, tired body and a hangover made it feel like I was floating above the road. Hot, humid heat that’s rare for Hobart, and pedalling empty streets on the way to a good show. Can’t go wrong with shit like that.

i planted a bunch of tomato and basil seeds a week or two back, now the garden is full of little sprouting things that will go well with pasta.
win.
if only there was a plant that grew parmesan.

Tomato and basil are two amazing things. Little late in the season for it though?

i just moved into a new place. it’ll be warm in sydney for a while yet.

other simple pleasure: having a friend of a friend order a part from the mavic factory and have it posted over here, for no cost.

riding in the rain, getting totally wet through, stepping into the shower and slowly turning the hot water up. great feeling

A brand new pair of socks.
Even better if they are red explorers.

E

+1 for the explorers.

Being too Poor to afford Chainlube.

Then the GF getting me some and just gliding to work today. :smiley:

riding in the rain. not crappy light rain but proper soaked to the bone kinda rain.

Teaching new people at work how to do things your way, which is the right way, and to get things done properly the first time. Probably the best part about work sometimes.

Is that what you call hazing* these days? :wink:

*“Oi! Don’t use your teeth”

Feeling fresh after a swim at the beach and a warm shower at home.
New shoes.

Realising the guys at the bike shop just want you to buy a new whatever and then finding out that you can just fix it yourself

Taking the splint off my broken wrist today and knowing I’ll be riding my bike for the first time in 7 weeks next week. :slight_smile:

seeing an old blokes face light up when I spin past on my trackie

warm thick soup when its cold(ish) and rainy outside…

sending photo’s of David Bowie circa-labyrinth to work colleges for no apparent reason.

working on a bike in the backyard, hanging with my dog :sunglasses:

posts like this are why i will one day own a dog. not whilst renting unfortunately.

looks like a fine way to spend a day :slight_smile:

^ nice one Ben
Looks like a fine way to spend the arvo.
I had to get my dog (Harry) put down in November :cry:
I had him 14.5 years. I can still see and hear him ‘on the wind’

He also checks over each bike to make sure I didn’t cut corners or forget something.