So what does make an SS'er?

Nothing wrong with your statement or that there are more SS/fixed/whatever bikes around. My comment was to single1’s question as to why some choose to ride a certain style for the main reason of being cool. There are plenty more better reasons for riding a bike than being cool. Riding a bike IS cool but if people are riding to BE cool, then that’s kinda lame isn’t it?

Bottom line, get the intention right.

Des

So…does that mean…that no matter how much I ride…I’ll NEVER be cool??? SHIT. I’d better rethink my whole ethos on life now. All those articles lied when they said I’d be cool if I rode fixed and as for learning from pootube, pffft!!! :evil:

hehehe hides in the corner to watch the shitfight start

Am quietly waiting for ‘fat middle-aged bloke on bike’ to be hip…or maybe it is…and I am…and street youth culture hasn’t caught up to me yet…and even I don’t realise it yet??

Fuck it…i’m gonna ride home into the wind and stop for a pie somewhere…or maybe a burger…a beer sounds good about now…

The thing that got be interested originally in fixed or SS was just the simplictity of the design. Its just very pure i spose.

But of course i enjoy riding also :slight_smile:

They both have their pro’s and con’s.