Spring Classic to the 'Gong

'cause i’m fucked with computers…

Mr Chin needs to drop his swap meet prices, then he might sell some shit, then he wouldn’t have to go to EVERY one of them, and hence be able to do the gong ride!

GONG CREW***
Rhys
Brad
Nathan (only for first leg, getting the train home)
Jono (not sure about return leg, will evaluate on day)
John
Kay-E (probably one way)
Ev
Kieran (One way - Maybe return but stop at Engadine)

Hopefully my brake lever will be fixed. Pfft. Who needs a front brake anyway.

Quoted for truthiness

Hardly. I’m stoked with the deal I got.

I too have had some good deals from Mr Chin. He just always walks away with the same bunch of frames… Which is a good tactic if you really don’t want to sell them. :slight_smile:

he’s always making a buck though… you can always cut a better deal with the T cause his margins are always good!

he’s also got some knee issues so not much riding for him at the moment…

i really wish this was another week end i was really looking forward to hitting that killer decent out of stanwell heights and i’m shit loads fitter than last time we did this!!

I’m not… laterne rouge!

I will out-lanterne rouge you bro. Easy money.

GONG CREW***
Rhys
Brad
John
Kay-E (probably one way)
Ev
Alex (probably return too*)

*Depends on the quality of the ales at the Scarborough Hotel

News just in:

GONG CREW***
Rhys
Brad
John
Kay-E (probably one way)
Ev
Alex (probably return too)
Ollie*

*also considering riding fixed, but says he has a Ken Evans/Dura Ace/ColumbusTSX roadie he wants to test out, so I’m not going to talk him out of that one.

Although i have no doubt you could do it fixed, it won’t be nearly as fun as a roadie/ss.

I’m getting more and more jealous that I’m missing this. But my Sunday ride will be cool too.

Blasphemy!

The evolution towards 11 sprockets is yet another sign of mankind’s decline into effeminate tenderness.

Other signs of this cursed ailment may be observed in the use of ‘hand lotion’, wearing of ‘fragrances’ and an aversion to riding up hills.

Seriously, whats with all the fixie hatin’ in this thread??

I rode it SS last time and had very few issues. The legs were turning over most of the time anyways, the only time I was really coasting was on some of the big descends. I also beat quite a few of you up the climb’s on 80GI’s. Out of the lot of us, Alex would have the least amount of trouble riding it fixed, so fair play to him I reckon.

I’m not looking forward to Alex smashing us all up the climbs as per usual though!

It’s not the uphills, it’s the downhills - it’s just nice to coast some times. It also makes you feel like you’re in the giro.

I’m working on saturday. No fun.

i have 11 sprockets, a taste for fragrances and hand lotions… i never shy from hill climbing… i get out of bed at 5.30 4-5 days a week ( weather permitting ) to ride in fact mostly climb about 150km a week on average… which is something i wouldn’t bother with if i only owned a fixie

other than you though alex i am preaching to the converted

the aversion to climbing hills is lack of heart and nothing to do with fragrances, lotions and 'raliers

if i wasn’t working i’d be all over this ride!

Oh dear. SK taking life seriously again. Zak, what time you finishing work on saturday, maybe have a spin?