Sram brake upgrades

Generally any carbon wheels that don’t use their own branded carbon pads will void warranty, I have never heard of enve rims failing with enve pads

I sell (lots of) ENVE* to people who hold their brakes to the bottom of the hill and weigh a bit more than they should.
i’ve only ever seen two pairs fail, the first was covered under warranty, the rim delaminated, didn’t fall apart, was ridden home. everyone has a fuck up.

the second set was being ridden at port mac ironman, lady riding them had a ‘delayed concussion’ and blacked out at some point on the bike. she hit something, really, really really, really hard. both rims cracked. fecked. nothing to do with enve.

saying a lot of enves fail is probably a stretch, they fail a lot less than any of the other crabon i’ve sold/seen. but yeah, don’t use non enve pads.

*(some sort of disclaimer i guess)

Welp. Six weeks? Fun while they lasted.

dude how heavy on the brakes are you? I’ve been running mine for 4/5 months now and still heeeeaaaaapppssssss of pad left. ) 400k or so a week including coot tha reps most weeks)

The irony is I don’t even use my brakes when descending the back of Cootha.
I’m just heavy man. In that 6 weeks I think I rode close to 1500kms on them and Brisbane is hilly as fuck. I really don’t know.