SteveZero's Beardo Racing Trailer

Sweet. Just found my lift for watching racing in December.

these words will haunt you.

Have thought about doing something similar. Though there are some hills between home and Blackburn velodrome that would make this a challenge riding up and also down with that much weight…

Carl Brewer put something like this together back in 2007.

Post - September — aboc Cycle Coaching
Photos - Trek 7.2 FX tow bike setup

Sure this has been mentioned in another thread but what about a Parlee carbon trailer!
[video=vimeo;6934315]http://vimeo.com/6934315[/video]

?

I’m pretty sure blakey and i saw the same article a while back about cx racers in portland that have different solutions for getting their gear to races (mainly because no-one likes to ride expensive cx tubs to races and you tend to have lots of extra clothes).

i’ll try and get my google on later but iirc that eric tonkin and joel metz from blackbird couriers had the best setup.

So, started purchasing the basics… 1 x trailer and 2 x hitches for portaging two bikes behind my commuter.

First step is to get some Marine Ply to make the deck and examine how I’ll be able to attach the deck via a hinge to the rear of the trailer so it pivots nicely.

Step two…

Step three: profit.

YEAH DOGG

(trailerparklyfe)

This sucks,
The point of racing crits is to turn up in your x5 or Porsche 4x4 with the bikes on the roof, take away coffee in the centre console while on the phone reading the Australian.

Plus every one knows you ride your race wheels all day every day.

You won’t last a week in the crit game.

This is rad, watching with anticipation.

Holy crap that last one’s Beardo!

This is what I’m going for. I want the deck to pivot so I can anchor it and use it as a workstand. Bikes will have front wheel removed of course with pivoting wheel holders in the middle that fold down when not in use.

*not to scale

Might have some other shenanigans on the deck as well (folding shelves/tool rack etc). We’ll see.

Might be a stupid question (I’m famous for them) but how are you hoping to work on your bike when it’s in the pivot position?

I’m not. The block at the top will probably be one of these:

I’ll remove the bikes (I’ll be racing them) and so it will be a vertical board with a clamp coming out of it.

Having the workstand will be especially useful for you during Cx season… won’t it?

This is pretty rad,

That’s the idea Nik. I’m gonna use it!

Well, hopefully not as Spiro has made it his goal this year that I won’t have a single mechanical.

Fork hitches turned up and excellent quality. Very happy.

Time to start measuring up the deck and buy the ply. Was thinking marine ply, but that may be overkill. Any thoughts here internet. Plan on a couple coats of lacquer regardless, so perhaps marine is overkill?