[TAS] Xmas Carnivals

Yep, if you have a Cycling Australia license (which you must have for the carnivals) you can race Newtown Oval friday for the grand sum of $5! We usually start arriving from half 5 and racing starts at half 6… The oval is behind Bartercard Netball stadium… hope to see you there! Ben

I was all calm and collected… Then read this:

hehe… shit.

GO NATH!! :smiley:

hmmn, someone’s fast eh?

I’m guessing that’s you at 255?

Grab the other guys 6 and hammer home in the last 500m Nath!!! GO SON GO YARGH :evil:

I’ve seen a strange tatooed man riding his track bike on the streets of Hobart… Ya not in Kansas anymore Toto!! (so will he be 2 track tonight schooling the locals?? I hope so Dorethy)

A quick update:

day one: Spag-bol. Ferry ride was kinda fun, watched die hard 4 - almost laughed my stomach over the handrail.

day two: “Let’s go to Hobart, that would be a good idea”. Made it to Hobart after a quick detour to the silverdome to touch the hardwood- relaxed and chill, did some laps at the oval until it rained us out. Then found out that Rosebery was the NEXT DAY and not Sunday as I thought (idiot). Had a rushed dinner with the Bottles and Chains guys (Great to meet you!!) Drove 5 hours until like 2am. Slept in the car and then made it to Rosebery at 8am. (Roast vegies & toobs)

day three: “How not to prepare for a track open”. Was so tired I missed my first race. Got spat off the bunch in the 2nd and then missed the jump in the sprint derby. Was rained out again so no scratch race :confused: Rock drilling is awesome! Then drove to Burnie. Best sleep ever! (Meat tortellini)

day four: “in progress”. Just about to watch O’Grady smash them on the streets of Launceston. Been riding around on the roadies - I like it here. Lots of hills.

Lots more info and photos to come when I get my computer down here to the internet. Fun fun fun…

^^So it was a worse drive than I remembered then eh?^^ Such a gnarly road, esp in the dark whilst it was raining! Did you have to dodge 100000000+ little furry animals? Haha!

Anyway, we’ll be in Launnie on friday! Have a good xmas boys and catch ya then! Ben

Your description was pretty accurate. We had to dodge a fair few animals, and sadly, I have to report that I failed a few times too :confused: Can’t wait for Launceston… Word on the street is that Danny Clarke (YES THE DANNY CLARKE) will be racing, and Shane Kelly is going to try and break the flying 200m record for the silverdome. Should be Nuts nuts.

I’ve started an emo blog: “The Cure, and all things fully EMO”

You can track our … er … progress there whenever I can find internet. Tomorrow is the big one… hoping to get a photo of me with a pained expression being passed by Kelly, Howard and Perkins hahha.

So keen for tomorrow, keep an eye out for the BnC hoodies!

Misssed it by that much…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/dec07/SCAT07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/dec07/SCAT07/latrobe/5

That photo proves the its-the-rider-not-the-bike philosophy. I bet they’re both damm fast though.

Was a wicked couple of days racing and generally having a blast.

Highlight would have to be the Super Soaker purchase in devonport and the fun that followed.
Will leave that to your imagination.

oh yeah, also, the remote control car, the glow in the dark frisbee

and.

the 47 degree hardwood banking at the Launceston Silverdome.
YEAH YEAH.

Track cycling rules! That was a great way to spend a week. It was the best open racing I have been in and the best racing I have watched, but I do lean toward watching any olympic sprinters going head to head on the track. Great company too!!! :lol:

Hobart carnival this weekend!

Here’s a photo of Nath in Devonport:

Ha! is that Joe in the Brunswick jersey?
Looks like he is saying they went that way!!!

It must have been a great time out there.

Has anybody seen a program from Hobart (or st Helens)??

Yup that is Joe

Nah, that dude on the right is just crap. :smiley: