The Burrito Project

Obviously you see that there are issues in the world babyjane. Work out what they are, and then work out ways of reducing the causes of those issues. Obviously giving out balloons is pointless, and it will lead to more waste.

On a side note, if anyone has any interesting projects, i might be interested. :stuck_out_tongue:

pedoā€¦

The very fact that there are so many food vans etc around Melbourne is the bigger issueā€¦

sounds like a really nice idea, if you do end up doing it im sure the big issue would help spread the word to those who need burritos

impractical bikes???

Hi everyone

Great to see that the thread has inspired some healthy discussion. Iā€™ll keep thinking about ideas about possible things we could do as a bike community that would be a positive impact based on the issues relevant to Melbourne.

Really value the insights provided by forumers re considering needs of people less fortunate and not being ā€˜condescendingā€™; thank you for putting your insights forward.

Iā€™ll be at the Saint Cloud prem tomorrow eve (if I can get in the door with all the RSVPs!) - so please feel free to say hey and introduce yourself.

Rachel

is this because all of the hipsters are really into trippy taco burritos at the moment?

i read in the epicure section the other day that mexican food is SO TOTALLY IN right now.

awesome, i took my girlfriend out for Mexican like two weeks agoā€¦ iā€™m so ahead of my time!

i canā€™t wait until baked potato makes a fashionable comeback.

iā€™m going to make it my mission to take tapas to the people.

hors dā€™oeurves for the homeless?

dimsims for the disadvantaged?

I canā€™t help but think there are better ways to help homeless people than riding around on your $600 bright orange aerospokes slinging burritos at homeless people like some kinda hipster Santa Claus in a pair of skinny jeans and wayfarer sunglassesā€¦

Once again, BSNYC, says it better than all of us:

Bike Snob NYC

Yeah I read that this morning, I knew he would have a comment. I remember his piece on the ā€œNY fixie crewā€ or something that go and buy foood and ride to Brooklyn to get it cooked on a pizza. And he noted one guy was coasting ever so secretly. Then the next vid the were known as ā€œNY single speed crewā€ or something.

There is a baked potato shop on Brunswick St. So maybe itā€™s beginning?

nah, its a franchise and there was already one of them in st kilda. Everyone knows that trends flow south in this city :stuck_out_tongue:

Ethiopian for the economically challenged?

Ethiopian food is so good.

If anyone would like to deliver me a burrito, it would be much appreciated - Iā€™m not homeless, but I am hungry and Iā€™m too lazy to ride to Trippy Taco.

My post was with tongue firmly in cheekā€¦