The Phone Thread

this is good to know. I had a HTC for work once, thought it was shit, but I’m sure they’re better the higher up the model range you go.

my iPhone 4S has been giving me the shits lately, namely the wifi ‘greying out’ & dropping in/out regularly, as well as smashing battery life recently. the ‘greying out’ issue is all over the Internet, I’ve been pretty lucky it would seem.

I’d love one of these but they’re too expensive these days. Best phone of all time imo …

Victa Red Coin Pay Phone Telecom 1970s Extremely Rare with keys

I dont know what everybody is doing to their Iphone 5’s…
mines been awesome, get a full day of use using insta/safari/music etc.

had the first samsung galaxy and it was the biggest POS which would always switch off and not boot up for about 5 minutes

I’ve got a Nokia candy bar thing. I like to play snake.

lol

yeah I have this

You guys know theres a snake game built into the “loading spinny thingy” on you tube vidoes right?

Iphone 4 user here. Never had a single drama with it. That said, if/when it dies I wouldn’t mind trying a massive almost-tablet-size-phone. I use my phone as a phone about once a week if that, so I kinda want the biggest thing that will fit in my jeans pocket for the biggest screen experience I can get.
Anyone here have a Fonepad?

Edit: actually, ignore the fonepad question. On looking at it again I remembered that I’ve decided that it’s a bit of a dog.

Same here, current 4S and previous 3 never an issue BUT my little siss went through four 4’s in three months on warranty - go figure. I do wonder how an identical product can be so inconsistent? It’s not like their made in china, oh wait…

$1,285 bucks! What apps does it come with?

I don’t know, ever seen quality Australian made consumer electronics? China has been doing something right for a very long time.

I need something good for web surfing as we have no net in the house, I kinda swore of nokias after the N91 but a mate has the 920 and raves about it.
I would love to go prepaid but can’t imagine a time I’d have the cash for an outright smartphone.

Going tonight, pretty set on an S4.
Thanks for the help guys.

Nexus 4/Google Phone advocate here.

If you want to go prepaid you can’t beat the $399 outright for a phone that competes on almost every level with anything else (would only be made better with an SD slot, but I’ve never had a problem, and I only have the 8 gig version).

Also have a Nexus 7 tablet, happy with both. (And clean android rocks, and getting updates first!)

Just bought a Sony Xperia ZR. 4G, removable battery, micro SD, 720p screen, waterproof, decent 13mp camera, unlockable bootloader for using custom roms when the developing community on XDA fires up. I’m a bit of an Android geek and buy phones very rarely, when a good thing comes around (been on a Samsung Galaxy 1 for ages, works fine – still one of the best development communities on XDA). This is the most sensible phone I’ve seen in a while. Slight compromises are front camera, 8gb internal storage (just use an app to sd app and put a 64GB micro SD in the phone) and 720p screen, but on this size phone you probably ain’t gonna tell the difference between 1080p. Take calls and film in HD while you have a shower. Hi mum.

//youtu.be/KpUNA2nutbk

related

thought this was a pretty clever little ad campaign…

mainly coz relevant to my interests.

^ I HATE those ads! (the TV ones anyway)
But the Galaxy s3 is the best phone I have ever owned. A year in and it’s still flawless.

hahaha, i haven’t seen the tv ads i don’t think. funnily enough, my housemate gets all angry about apple’s latest tv ads. he’s not a fan of apple.

don’t get me wrong, it’s still an ad for a phone company, i just thought it was clever that they’re ripping apple’s 'i’everything. caught my eye anyway, but possibly only because i’ve been thinkin about a galaxy anyway.

Here’s one example.
Samsung GALAXY S 4 – Dinner Party - YouTube

Oh fuck yes. Your life sucks unless you have an iPhone/Pad. I don’t think they could have convinced me more not to buy one of their products.

Boss at work has an S4 - the screen is amazing.

I am still rocking the Galaxy Nexus after 20 months, and haven’t managed to destroy it despite not keeping it in any sort of protective case!