The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Future me is awesome.

Lucky you got out of there. I was waiting for the wife to invite you over to the oven and ask you to look inside and see the loaves baking, before pushing you in. This was clearly the gingerbread house in the woods for EzyLee.

Equally, maybe it’s lucky you didn’t panic and push the wife into the oven. They might just be really nice people.

1 Like

Just be careful, Nutri-grain is a gateway cereal to Triathlons…

1 Like

Another small joy. Finished our Tasmania trip - Rode for a day in Derby (not enough at all) hung out with plenty of Wombats on Maria Island, had plenty of Tassie wines and met with WestCoastPete and Co in Launceston. East coast of Tassie was great.

You need to be careful in these situations: if the old couple are indeed Liam and Vee in the future, pushing either one into an oven could cause pretty big ramifications.

I think pushing your older self into the oven is generally ok, at least according to my understanding of time-travelling physics from a close study of Bill & Ted and Back to the Future.

It’s when your older self pushes your younger self into the overn that things get messy.

Good point, I got that totally wrong. Was a bit concerned about a Hodor/hold the door situation.

In our family we keep our sports very clearly separated.

SJ: freshly sharpened kitchen knives

3 Likes

Lauren says “whoa these onions are so soft…”

You haven’t seen Endgame? Just go via the quantum tunnel then return all 6 infinity stones to the place you first found them. Although this may require throwing your favourite bike off a cliff.

Why’s Lauren using mikdee’s kitchen knives?

We rented a Bullitt with Steps 6000/8 speed hub shifting di2 + canopy for a couple of days over the Mayday holiday. Instead of the Maxicosi frame, it came with a Thule Infant Sling which sort of floated over the change bag/mat/other stuff we threw in so it seems like a viable solution for the first while anyway. We’d opt for the Pannier rack + bags as well for maximum schlepp capacity.

Main reason we want something with a front load area is so we can see what’s going on with the bub. Other appeal of the Bullitt is the one size kinda fits all for the geo so Jen and I can take turns during the week without too much discomfort. The canopy situation is also ideal for the snowy days!

Was wondering how the Omnium would take a baby seat but just saw this pic:

Back from the US.
SJ: Picked up a classic steel 66cm Stella roadie for my daily commute while there.
SJ2: Learned a load, had a lot of fresh and tasty beers and Mexican food.

NSJ: The seller of the Stella had two, one was older, brown, needed a new chain and rear tire, but otherwise looked ok, and was cheaper. The second was yellow, had a few surface rust spots on the paint from being parked near the beach and the seller said was in better shape all around. Took both out for a spin. Brown’s chain was so rusty it wasn’t riding super great. Yellow, I blew the tube and sidewall out of the tire about 4m into the ride. He offered a discount on yellow and offered to lift the frame and turn the crank while I changed gears to check it all. Found out later he did that to hide the fact that the BB was about toast and went loose/tight every turn.

NSJ2+: Outside of the SF city limits, the roads around the area were pretty bike unfriendly. Cycle lanes were full of debris and I managed to get 3 flats in my first week. The town I was working in didnt seem to have a bike shop, and the sporting goods places had little in the way of tubes, so I had to make a 26in MTB tube work on the first flat and then got a crappy patch kit for the rest.

SJ3: Sold the bike for nearly what I paid for it on my last day of work. I was totally honest with the buyer, and he was cool with it. Planning on just using the frame for a resto-mod commuter.

1 Like

Mandarins…

SJ: boarding flight to USA for a two month road trip.

4 Likes

Jealous! Where are you heading?

Met familyguy, was a pleasant experience.

Ha, totes man. Cheers for the bottle, great to meet you.

Yeah. Mandarins.

mandarins