The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Mandarins…

SJ: boarding flight to USA for a two month road trip.

4 Likes

Jealous! Where are you heading?

Met familyguy, was a pleasant experience.

Ha, totes man. Cheers for the bottle, great to meet you.

Yeah. Mandarins.

mandarins

1 Like

BMFJ: 10th anniversary tomorrow. Been a damn good ten years. Dumping the kids at the grandparents on Saturday and heading up the Blue mountains for a couple of nights.
Ain’t love grand.

6 Likes

Congrats jono, what a time to be alive.

Fuck royal galas have been good lately.

SJ: Pub bike home on a cold, still Melbourne night.
How good are bikes.

1 Like

I did that last night to, along the yarra and thru the city. Was good.

1 Like

Still wondering why Sundowners didn’t get a gig this year.

SJ1: Sunday the weather was perfect, save for gale force winds. Went on a Father’s Day beercycle group ride from Early Birds/Circles (the hip/expensive bike shop/american style breakfast cafe in town) up to a new brewery north of the city, back down to the castle to crack open a few more, then deep into the city to have some excellent Northern Chinese food with my buddy’s kids and wife.

Really living up to the username there.

Gave notice at Carolina today.

Feel free to take a booth & make a nuisance of yourselves from July 7th.

1 Like

Having dad in town for the past 11 days and showing him around Berlin.
Emma is through the rough development stage and making even more fun noises, rolling around and generally being more human
Riding around with the little one, Dad, and Jen with the Bullitt bike.

2 Likes

SJ: In Zaragoza, it’s still 2009

Patatas!

patatas

When I was in Bordeaux in 2017, it was like fixie heaven. It seemed like all the fixie kids has cornered the food delivery market so everyone was couriering around at night and drinking beers. It was actually awesome, made me jealous. Sounds of carabinas everywhere.

SJ: Yamamomo/Yangmei are in season and the road leading to my office is lined with them. I picked about 1kg on my lunch break last Friday. Everyone in my office was confused as to what they were and if they were edible. I have yet to find another local under the age of 60 that even knows what this fruit is. I made 4 jars of jam on Sunday and am enjoying today. Perfect balance of sweet and tart. Taste wise, the jam is kinda like a raspberry covered with honey, while raw its like a mix between a strawberry and raspberry with a touch of pine sap (pleasantly).
SJ2: Bought a bucket and picked 4.5kg after work yesterday, much to the amusement of my coworkers and shock of people stuck in traffic. Gonna make more jam to give away, and a hefty batch of puree to freeze for a future beer.

Pretty interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrica_rubra