The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Yeah, that Samyang gets some good reviews with the Fujifilm astro people.

To be honest though, I’m not the kind of person to go out and chase astro stuff. It’s cold. It’s dark. hahaha.

1 Like

Yes definitely cold in cbr haha

SJ: finding bargain stuff you actually need
NSJ: finding bargain stuff you would like but the seller says “hey, this is getting lots of interest at this price, so I’ve raised it 2.5x what I had it listed for.”

I’ve got the Samyang 12mm 2.0 and it’s great for astro. (Edit: Not sure why the first two photos are cropped. You can right click and open in new tab to see full length)
Imgur
Imgur
(Not astro, obvs)
Imgur

2 Likes

SJ: Chance encounter while getting my morning coffee last week led to Adam/Cycle Exif taking photos of my retro mtb beater at lunch today for his website. Is there a 26" equivalent of fixiefamous?

2 Likes

My new commute can mean chats with Nikcee on the ride in or high fives with Huw from commuter depending on which shop I’m heading to.

2 Likes

Various bike related packages arriving today. New dropper, new tyres, cables, etc.

Gonna feel SO FRESH!!

Headed to the Canberra Brewers Club meeting last night loaded with a few of my home brew beers for scrutiny. I tasted some great beers that other members had brewed and had some really positive comments on my own beer. Mine wasn’t as complicated as others, just an easy drinking pale ale which they appreciated - some of their judges tasted it and couldn’t find any faults with the beer which I am happy about.

So, I joined up to the club.

SJ: some beer cans require emptying at work (for the purposes of testing the cans themselves, presumably to determine whether they will make good teny’s after recycling).

Spent the weekend at the Noosa Strade Bianche vintage bike festival. What a banger! Show n shine on Saturday followed by a 144k ride through the Noosa hinterland on the Sunday with plenty of gravel included.

Managed to bring my good legs and felt good all day. Nice bikes everywhere you look. Hairy gravel descents. Would ride again.

5 Likes

I saw NJS walking in Degraves St this morning.
(edit: not the FoA veteran ‘NJS’, rather someone in the act of “NJS-walking”)

1 Like

Nice one Pinzo. Any photos?

198_0911%20-%20Copy

Was looking through these earlier and stumbled across…

1 Like

that’s some classic 1998 Pantani sock height there.

Sock height is also enforced to be pre integrated shifter consistent.

There’s a bunch here - the host website is a bit shit, but you’ll get the idea:

https://www.surfshots.com.au/nsb-sunday?fbclid=IwAR0hFfjICAQ50MuKfzt48ZY8IDbWHRZeIgKrpTLF26i1W5ka-W8qIbau4PI

For someone who rejects ‘The Rules’, you certainly do abide by them.

I really wanted some socks with the Italian flag on them somewhere, and those were the best I found. (There’s a small flag on the back.)

mate I never said it was bad! love 1998 homage

I probably needed more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Looks like a good day out. Can’t see myself ever going back to downtube shifters though, at least while the Ken is the only bike I have.