The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

For someone who rejects ‘The Rules’, you certainly do abide by them.

I really wanted some socks with the Italian flag on them somewhere, and those were the best I found. (There’s a small flag on the back.)

mate I never said it was bad! love 1998 homage

I probably needed more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Looks like a good day out. Can’t see myself ever going back to downtube shifters though, at least while the Ken is the only bike I have.

:grinning::innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin::laughing::sweat_smile::joy::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes::yum:

2 years on as my daily bag and still going strong…yayer

I dread running into people i know on my commute.
Stilted conversations at traffic lights, not knowing if im going too fast or slow. Having to pause my podcast and remove my headphones.
A nod or wave is enough.

Solid weekend spent up in Sydney.

• Drove up and had a good breafkast at Some Cafe (thats the name of it) in Collector.
  • Met Dave Try (handsome man) at Wayward Brewery for a tasting paddle, free popcorn and life talking
  • Went to a pub, ate a solid vegetarian burger
  • Said my goodbyes to Dave before he heads over to Columbia for altitude training
  • Drove over to Homebush stadium and checked into one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The room smelled like some artificial masking agent that was there to cover up the smell of smoking or a murder, went to open the window, the window slider mechanism was broken.
  • The bible that is always in hotels came in handy to keep the window open
  • Saw Fleetwood Mac Live
  • Had breakfast in some hipster place in Marrickville
  • Met up with Lemontimes
  • Went to the markets with Lemontimes
  • Laughed at people complimenting his speed dealer sunnies
  • Finished a roll of film
  • Got a tasting paddle from Batch Brewery
  • Said goodbye to Lemontimes after our business meeting #synergy
  • Had lunch at a great cafe, sat at the bar looking into the kitchen (my fav seats)
  • Took some pics on a camera I haven’t used in a long time, I need to carry it everywhere with me. I love the X100T
  • Went to Sauce Brewing Co and ran into an instagram friend
  • Drove home to Canberra listening to Fleetwood Mac and Crowded House whilst looking into their history as musicians.
3 Likes

Heading east on Murray Rd on Saturday with the family in the car and saw benxlehner, camera slung over his shoulder, leading a couple of blokes in the opposite direction.

Was nice to see someone able to get out and ride, unlike me.

SJ1: Rode in the snow twice on the weekend. Solid adventure vibes.
SJ2: On the way home yesterday I drove past Gypsy and a couple of other friends bombing down a hill in short sleeves, enjoying the first semblance of spring and sunshine.

1 Like

SJ3: Booked flights to NZ in Sept/Oct
SJ4: Used frequent flyer points to get a special deal. I’m flying business class cheaper than I would have if going economy.

You might like this…

Or not, I dunno.

1 Like

SJ1: bringing Jen and Emma on a team race weekend with relatively minimal fuss for a 6 month old baby.
SJ2: Getting 3rd and 8th in the 2 road races
SJ3: watching my BDR (german cycling authority) ranking jump by 200 places

It’s been a while since we’ve seen snowflake — their last post was 9mon ago.

welcome to the new new FOA Nick!

1 Like

This is great! (so far), halfway through!

EDIT: I also saw Gary Clark Jr earlier this year, holy moly what a guitarist!

Yeah, thanks for the invite, sorry I was so busy.

You were busy when I visited your actual building for work.

Sorry mate - I do need to head back soon though. Those breweries… there are just so many of them!

I’ll be busy next time too if you keep that attitude.

1 Like

holla @Sh0rtsie

dragging the daily engaged users up from the death slide into fixie obscurity