The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

SJ: My last day of work here after 7 years.
NSJ: Doubt I’ll be able to browse FOA at the new gig. So see you all!

2 Likes

SJ: Spent my Monday after work making chicken stock and hand pulled egg noodles. Finished making a huge batch of chicken noodle soup around 10pm. Now I got chicken soup for the next week (if I dont freeze it first).

Hmm, maybe that last part should be a boring confession…

You work for FoA? Wow.

1 Like

yep. where do i collect my cheque?

Went on a bushwalk with the family yesterday (public holiday in Bendigo for Bendigo Cup) around Mount Alexander. The girls spotted an echidna off the side of the trail, which we watched for 4-5 minutes from a few metres away while it burrowed around for ants. Then it waddled over towards my 7 year old who stood frozen. It sniffed her ankle, thought for a bit, then sniffed her other ankle, thought a bit more, then waddled between her legs and off up the hill. It was bloody fantastic! Echidnas are the best.

6 Likes

SJ: Took advantage of a new network of trails around the Arboretum here in Canberra - nice, easy grade single track through various types of trees… even a few Boab trees in there. Happy days.

The already rad commute just got better.

1 Like

Jealous.

On the other hand, I passed a bloke on a penny farthing yesterday. That was a commute highlight after getting a flat earlier on.

You always have to one up me

I would rather have sweet single trail on my commute than have the off chance of seeing a p-far. I think you win this one Adam.

Got free parts for helping a mate out with some stripping and flipping

near new thomson post and a new carbon braided arione with sky blue inserts to matchy matchy the stinner.

yaaasss

Fuck yeah finish work today, have three and a half weeks off.

1 Like

SJ: In talks with the council about getting some bike racks installed at the station. I’m just pumped they replied to my email in all honesty.

1 Like

four of us were passed far too closely last night with the car overtaking also not leaving much room for the oncoming car… which was a cop. 60 seconds later the cop came past us with the lights on. nice that they were actually bothering to go after them.

2 Likes

SJ: Made several loaves of stollen a month ago and tucked them away in a cold closet, tightly wrapped in foil. Finally cutting into my first loaf this morning and sharing it with some coworkers. God damn its good. Absolutely blows away any of the store bought slices I’ve had in the last month.

drools bravo on the stollen! sharing things like that is the best part of christmas to me. I hope you have a good one.

1 Like

Preparing the food for Christmas with the family, having a beer, kids running about excited. Realising that somewhere along the way I became a grown-up.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, guys. Hope you all have good ones.
Up here in heathen country, I don’t get the day off, so I have to slip a little Irish into my coffee and make it a bit more merry.

Made a bunch of xmas gifts, and actually finished on time.

4 Likes

I got a KOM in Upper Ferntree Gully, without even trying.
strava

It’s totally bullshit, there is no possible way that a 60 something old codger like me could do that but WTF I’ll take it. I was on the Marin which is something like 13kg of steel. I was just heading home from the shops and apparently I beat all the young buggers on their crabon racers.

But Strava says I am King, so King I am.

2 Likes

Caught up with Goose