The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Jase, does Mr Samurai on Barrack St still exist? Back in the day they did a great chicken katsu and rice for only $5

And beef rice bowl for $4. Many of them went into my belly.

nah long gone.

theres now a place called Chilliz that does some decent rice and karage chicken, noodles and pork and a few other combos for like $4.50-$5.50 which are pretty awesome.

i’ve been feeling anxious about finding a new house so the girlfriend organised an impromptu date night to take my mind off it all. she picked me up from work, got takeaway rita’s, parked on the boulie overlooking the city, then we got choc tops and watched the the new nick cave movie. i’ve got a keeper

hahaha does she know Brendan? he suggested pretty much the exact same thing to ‘shakes’ on here a little while ago in a “date night” thread…

wellllllll close enough (I thought it was pizza, not icecream)

haha i didn’t see that brendan’s post but she may have as she’s always lurking next to me when i’m on foa

tc: will be referring to ‘date night’ thread for all dates in the near future

Made it to the top of Bowden spur rd without walking. 2:1. Had to pause shortly 3 times because of cars. Will return during the night to right this wrong.

Fuggineh! That’s a steep one. Sweet.

Fight scenes in Skippy.

The level of detail in the Fonzie wikipedia page: Fonzie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Took the day off. Going well so far:

Pulled up next to a car at the lights yesterday and the guy driving was blasting Iron Man by Black Sabbath and singing along. It was loud enough that we could hear it over the music we had in our car, the windows were up and his windows were up.

Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will soon unfold

My 160GB ipod stopped syncing with iTunes a couple of years ago and I’ve been meaning to replace it for ages cos not having all your tunes at work sucks. Thought I’d try to sync it one more time and it worked. Gonna be so anti-social at work…

That’s the part he was singing! We’re you in a white Landcruiser on Main North Road about 6 o’clock yesterday?

Winning! Bald Spur next?

Small joy: Driving (!) up to Kinglake yesterday and watching a Max-shaped blur flying around Bollygum Park.

Nah but I get the vibe.

i think it was either you or tom who told me scooter made it up bowden spur single speed, i was sceptical that that was even possible. rode down bald spur and beale on saturday as well, pretty chains would be broken trying to climb them.