The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

They come standard on the KHS Urban bikes. Flat, narrow, possibly more for show than overly effective, but they might keep some water away.

And yeah, two levers for each brake. If I wasnt riding with my kids I wouldnt have the cross levers, just the bar ends. Kids stop on a ten cent piece, always gotta be ready.

Now THAT is a primo bar tape finishing job.

Cracked the Vivalo pretty bad, fuck. Gripsport or new frame?

i am sorry to hear this pip but i am laughing inside at the same time. did some of us not have money on this?

think i gave it about a month

It’s been approx. 4 weeks since.

Honestly i think you should stay on the on-one Pippy, that thing was rad.

How the fuck did you manage that Pip? Holy fuck.

Bunnyhopped off the top of the Rialto…

fark pip.

Fixed a pinch flat after a close encounter with a pothole of the third kind. Can’t wait till the 28’s come in later this week.

Totally worth it.

Putting the seatpost in to finish off the new build and then the seatpost binder bolt snaps in two…unbelievably lame.

Campy? (Sure it wasn’t bottoming out?)

Nope, just some generic seat post bolt. It does look a little over-tightened (the seat clamp that is, the bolt still had 3 or 4 threads left when I looked at it after it broke), but it’s a 27.2 seat post diameter, and a 27.2 seat post. So I’m a tad confused to be honest. Unless of course it’s been over-tightened by a previous owner. I’m not sure.

EDIT: Got to work this morning and measured the seat post. Turns out it’s actually a 27.0 and I’ve pinched my seat tube clamp now. Silly me for not double checking the seat post size before putting it in the first time. Any one got a 27.2 Suntour Superbe seat post they wanna trade for a 27.0? Eh? Eh?

bought new tubes + rim tape and put ye olde quandos back on the uni/work/commuter bike for a bit of a laugh. bottom headset cup is still loose, must fix.

changed to 48 - 17 gearing

Are they Crud roadracer Mk2 gaurds??

Looking to get some for my new Hillman, wouldn’t mind seeing some in the flesh (Sydney?)

wrapped my bars, went for a ride, realised I hadn’t tightened the doubletap shifters, so they stared moving around all over the place.
Went home to get a long allen key to tighten them, then realised I could’ve used the allen key on my multitool because they’re not the same as my 105 shifters on my previous roady, which required a long arse allen key to do up right? So yeah, I tightened that shit up, rode for a bit, felt my entire cockpit was in the wrong position and that, so I rode home, chucked that shit up against a wall, had a beer, spoke to my homeo camoshop on the phone, and played the xbox.
Fuck roadies! I neeed another fixed gear, no stupid brakes like my cx bike, no stupid gears and shit.
All that shit and I’m tryin to lay off the smokes so I’m agitated yo.
ALso getting more beer.

Dylan ill do ya a goood deal on a frame and parts got to sell some stuff for nz trip

finally found a 48t 135bcd and was able to get perfect tension on vertical dropouts