Thieves

I’m quite interested to know what sort of person steals a light and a spoke card

That’s why I’m sure it’s someone we know. The Burn City card wasn’t the only one on there as you can see in the photo. It was actually behind the chainstay when it got knicked so it’s definately been targeted (great card Sime).

If it was just the light that was taken then I’d think it was random.

Whatever, it’s pretty brazen in front of all those cameras.

yes and no. it’s not like the cameras can identify the person’s name and address. unless you know who it is or the police do, the only real chance you have of finding them is if you happen to run into them. people who steal shit off bikes in the middle of the city during the day probably aren’t too scared of cameras or even passers by noticing or caring. all in all it’s probably a pretty low risk move. most people probably wouldn’t bother getting security or police to review the footage either.

well, it sounds like the safest spot to lock your bike in the city then

Safest maybe but stuff still got knicked.

Security went through the footage and found it within 5 mins. Pretty obvious apparently.

well, it sounds like the safest spot to lock your bike in the city then

They only found it quickly cause I’d narrowed the time down for them. The dude said they just went through in fast forward and there wasn’t too many people that approached it.

There’s no deep rational why people steal shit- just opportunistic, bored or whatever. The best thing to do is not to leave your lights or any other valuable accessory on the bike. It’s unrealistic to think that no one is going to touch your bike because they will even in the most seemingly safe locations.

A spoke card, who cares. But if he nicked your $45 knog thing… (Which I wouldn’t be leaving on my bike BTW! And it doesn’t matter that you got it for nothing, that’s not the point.) Maybe he could return it and you can call it evens. Otherwise, press charges or out the f@cker.

when i had to lock my jawn at vic gardens after my stack, i took off the light, the fender, the seat, the pedals. figured a bike sitting there overnight was an easy target.

I reckon the risk there is that people see that half the shit is gone and think, “cool, an abandoned bike. i’m going to take everything else”

i also rigged it up as a pipe bomb. joke wouild’ve been on them. :evil:

it’d be great to lock up a nice bike up with a shit lock outside RMIT on swanston st and have a bunch of blokes with metal poles ready to jump out and crush some skulls.

Shit peep I didn’t realize. I would’ve stashed it at mine if I wasn’t so drunk that night!

it’d be great to lock up a nice bike up with a shit lock outside RMIT on swanston st and have a bunch of blokes with metal poles ready to jump out and crush some skulls.

I’m in! :evil: