this morning

took the cam just for a laugh. Needed to burn some stuff off so popped across the border to Queanbeyan velodrome. 440m, in the middle of town, in the park. Very pleasant.

I have a feeling this bike hasn’t made a public appearance yet. Gets ridden on the street hence brake and SPDs.

• Joel

? double plate fork crown ?

? pics ?

double plate fork crown, nervex pro lugs, campag dropouts, full chrome in almost perfect condition. Lots of spirit has that one :slight_smile:

Built up with Japanese stuff. Will be getting its own wheelset in the next while, the one on there is a loaner. Pics then.

• Joel

I really admire your dedication to the cause Joel.

But we MUST HAVE MORE PICS! Especially those Nervex sluts.

You’re a role model to us all.

riiiiight. Maybe I’ll take some pics tomorrow on the strage steps at uni. If it’s sunny. Be nice though. SPDs and a brake because it gets ridden like, not always in counterclockwise ellipses.

• Joel

aaaaahhhh … he keeps all the good bits to himself … a full outing is required !!!

chances of sun two days running in canberra ???

quite a high chance. don’t be like that :smiley:

• Joel

Joel,

Me thinks those campag pedals might look there nice on it. I know its built up with Jap stuff, but they would look a treat.

Have you found another dust cap for the left (i think) one?

Cheers

Lats

I think they would - I’ll run them until I run across another cap. Happy with your Jap pedals? I forgot to do a follow-up email!

• Joel

yeah mate. They are beauts. I have the full gruppo now, All I have to do is find the money to put the beast together - by the tubs etc.

On that note, does anyone have a white Rolls seat?

I’d better get some pics up on teh forum - Can someone tell me how I do that?

you’ll need to sign up at an image uploader like imageshack or something.

I use another site which I’ve paid to have the privilege of using…

• Joel

yeah mate. They are beauts. I have the full gruppo now, All I have to do is find the money to put the beast together - by the tubs etc.

On that note, does anyone have a white Rolls seat?

I’d better get some pics up on teh forum - Can someone tell me how I do that?[/quote]

You can send pics to me and I’ll put them in the gallery.

sidebar…how long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Canberra?

cheaper to fly with fuel as it is. No shortage of people to collect you from the airport. The airport is closer to the pictured velodrome though…so perhaps just go from there :slight_smile:

whereis.com.au says it is 1213km, 13 hours 12 minutes.

“directions” is a great feature, I use it to plan out rides and stuff.

also, pics taken. At school now so no photoshop uploady loady.

• Joel

Thanks Joel, just thinking about coming down for MONT in October, and might hang around for a couple of days and go riding (fixed and MTB).

Fuel isn’t a problem…so might break the drive up over two days.

I’m in a 4-man (well, we’re not all of “age” but real men…) SS team for the mont/scott. If one pikes out it’s good to know there’s a crazy dude with a disc out there to step in…

more than happy to do a bit of fixed riding (at that time of year, along the waterfront, after 5pm, is the place to go perving on jogging ladies. You ARE a pervert right?)

pics from today:

and for the Nervex sluts:

campag dropouts, Nervex pro lugs + BB shell, unknown headset and tubeset (prob 531) Nitto b125 on shimano 600 stem, unknown HS.

Suzue promax hubs w/DT revolution F, competition R and alloy nipples on velocity aeroheads (these wheels have been on three bikes, 15,000km, bearings still perfect, wheels still straight. Props to my wheelbuilder). Maxis re-fuse tyres. Kevlar bead, lots of rubber, not too heavy, 23mm, $35ea retail !

Sugino mighty track cranks 171mm, 151bcd, 50t ring.

959 pedals (yeah shut up)

Sugino 109mm spindle in Sugino cups (thanks Primz!)

Dura-ace sprockets, KMC Koolchain

Kalloy 27.2mm seatpost lovingly turned down to 26.8mm by my lathe-happy friend Ash, cheap Velo racing saddle.

• Joel

a foot of bar tape is much cheaper :slight_smile:

• Joel

Its the only ugly thing on that bike! Oh, the headset too. Those tyres dont last on the road…

Nice fork!

tyres last fine for me - the brake is seldom used on this one as well, so it gets locked up a fair bit.

It’s not THAT ugly surely?

Headset is installed with green loctite I suspect. The crown race certainly is!

• Joel