... this thread's gone to the Dogs

Does not look particularly comfortable!

Seems to work for him. Too tired to fold…

IMG_20211124_112255
Now that’s relaxing

2 Likes

IMG-20211124-WA0001
I guess that works sometimes too!

2 Likes

I reckon @EzyLee has got something to add to this thread.

2 Likes

Yes I do have something to share.

For those who may not know, we lost Seren in a pretty traumatic way this march which left both Vee and I heartbroken. Unfortunately when Seren was desexed before we adopted her, the Vet left a gauze swab inside of her. Over the years it fused itself to her intestines and a long story short. It killed her. She was my first dog and incredibly gentle and trusting of us and we could trust her. We will both miss her incredibly.

A couple of months ago Vee and I decided it was time to try and find another dog. We applied for a couple of border collies who were up for adoption but missed out due to the Covid lockdown demand for pets. We were contacted by the breeder who we adopted Seren from and she let us know that she has a litter on the way which - all of the puppies have a blood line relation to Seren, so we jumped at the chance.

Last weekend we picked up 8 week old Daisy – and she is full of beans!! Like new parents, they want to set themselves up for success and Vee and I are taking raising her quite seriously. Training has already started and she is responding well. There are a few little issues that we need to work through, the biggest is her response to being in a car. Extreme levels of anxiety and howling/screaming etc.

We will get there.

10 Likes

So happy for you two, and sorry to hear about Seren.

Daisy looks incredible!

1 Like

So cute, Luna still hates getting into the car but she’s now pretty chilled once in.

Our new pup of same age has a similar reaction in the car.
Seems to settle on someone’s lap but leaving her alone is pretty stressful.

Nek minnit

IMG_20211127_093754

2 Likes

584EFD60-C407-4DCD-93D1-37F210DEE3EF

7 Likes

20211128_194526

4 Likes

Yes we got a lovely new puppy on Friday night. The pickup was quite surreal. I had to drive nearly 2hrs South to meet a farmer in a derelict pub carpark near the highway. He chucked her in one of the dog cages on his ute and she didn’t like it much cos she’d never been in a car. I got there, he gave her to me, I gave him some cash, and he took off after a brief chat. She stank of dead sheep, probably because her kin love rolling in dead sheep as part of their work. Then I had to drive 2hrs back home with her stinking on my lap. She was very distressed if she wasn’t with me.

Her parents are Tasmanian Smithfield and Tasmanian Smithfield x Huntaway. From what I’ve gathered, although Smithfields are working dogs like Kelpies and Border Collies, they make lovely loyal family pets like those other breeds. The farmer has a family of 9 of them working on his farm. They’re all unvaccinated, including our girl. She’s 9 weeks old so off schedule, but she’ll start vaccinations this Friday.

I slept with her on the couch that night and then we went on an already scheduled overnight trip to our friend’s glorious property over the back of Mt Arthur. Of course, first thing on Saturday morning was a good wash and she cleaned up nicely. She’s settling in very nicely and is an absolute delight. She did a good job last night of sleeping with Goose’s company without complaining too much.

We’ve named her Helen

PXL_20211126_223813842
PXL_20211126_223819561
PXL_20211126_225648434
PXL_20211127_062038719
PXL_20211128_080850157

12 Likes

absolute scenes.

2 Likes

Helen! So good – Goose must love some extra company :slight_smile:

IMG_20211210_183758
Feeding Jessie on the table seeing pup keeps stealing her food