Track disc/5 spoke

Yep that looks like a hed,
But here’s the thing I have heard that the trispoke is great in a tt but they are a little flexy pushing it into bends at 60km+?
I’m sure I would not tell the difference nor go fast enough to care
I guess it depends what event your in,
But seriously a nice disc and a shamal front is still a national/poor international wheel set.

But if you don’t listen to any of us it’s just around the corner and I can check them out

OMG PROCYCLING LIED TO ME.

I was told a while back - by a national mechanic - that pro were doing a trispoke for the track. But I guess it’s cheaper to put your sticker on someone else’s.

Its even cheaper to get an Aerospoke and a texta.

ftfy

Never intended to buy. Just thought if anyone wanted something like this it’s be a sweet deal.

If I ever go down the cray front wheel/disc path it’ll be the pro 5 spoke/disc combo.

Why does that guy in A grade have the funny front wheel ?!

I saw a guy with a front shamal and ‘pro’ disc beat Jack Edwards in a race on Friday night. It was siqq.

I’d be happy with the Pro five fingered thing and a disc.

I’d also be happy with an ali-baba 5 spoke/disc. #easilypleased

Dudes were rocking front shamals and disc rears at nationals just gone. Although the ffwd 5spoks can’t be too bad as heaps of dudes rock them for 6 days but that might be simply due to the risk of stacking and not wanting to smash up io’s (although getting some of those io rears that o’shea had would be sik what)

Im sure there was eveng disc/shamal combos at the worlds in Melbourne

I reckon that trispoke must still be in the prototype/testing period as there’s nothing on Shimano’s webshop. Their 5-spoke/disc combo seem like a pretty good alternative to Mavics.

6 day racers have some crazy wheel combos. Double mavic iO, double Corima 4 spokes and similar. Cool to see a bunch of different stuff rather than just all Mavics (although I’m sure if they had the choice they’d be on iO/Cometes).

I do see old campy discs pop up at nationals and worlds even!

While we’re on the topic of Shamals… kind of, I heard that in a straight line/no wind (track), shamals are faster than a Zipp 808. I have nothing to back this up with, just what I have heard.

It’s the only 5 spoke/disc comba I have seen at Olympic level. Other than that one guy using an 808 or similar up front. Can’t be too bad.

I’ve said it before but everyone needs shamals. They make any bike look better to the power of heaps

Pick these up for 1500 and you’d be doing alright, I’d ride em.

the original post:

the new timer: Bessie.

ps. despite being wrong about the trispoke, i still believe you should save up the extra dollars and get the mavics.

^that guy that used to blog/race

^ that guy that used to live in melbourne

Somewhat related / unrelated, I spent the better part of yesterday reading through many posts of xbbx’s blog.
Many a lol was had.

awww, shucks. i saw you asking about race wheels on FB, so the post above was partially aimed at you. didn’t wanna get involved on FB because i’m well and truly over dealing with sugarkanye’s moronic claims.

The two things I got from your blog post were:

1. Get mavic IOs. Run them 24/7 like a fucking boss
  2. Buy shamals - everyone’s doing it, you don’t want to be last guy on the school bus do you?!

sounds about right.