Transition

we’ve been yelling ‘TRACK… RACE LEADER’ on WNRs lately to emulate the the hyper-douche behaviour of ‘serious’ XC racers.

Seriously I raced mountainbikes like every weekend from the early 90s to the early 00s and never once have I heard anyone yell ‘Track!’

my experience is that its pretty common for MTB races where there is often only a single line and its courtesy to let the significantly faster rider by so as to not impede them.

i currently have a 100% average for getting ‘track’ called on me by national XC champ(s) in races. the better the racer the nicer they are about allowing the front rider space to find a spot to move aside.

I call track right at the start of races and at bottlenecks.

Also in the supermarket line.

Yeh its generally an unspoken rule

except for those mentioned earlier, who desire to speak it loud and offensively to all and sundry.

^this. It’s surprising how little room the big guns actually need to get by and then have the breath to say thanks/have a good ride etc -Jeebus is one of the nicest guys in the field and more than happy to have a good yarn and I’ve never meet him off the track.

My biggest gripe is the weekend warrior thinking he’s full of awesome, I’ve seen plenty of cases of said heroes terrorising noobs and not very confident riders, passing where there is no margin for error and generally being tools out on the trail.

end rant.

Yeah I totally get the ‘track’ call in a race but I was talking about Yarra trails on weekday evenings!

Like you guys, its the older, slightly tubby mid-pack dudes that would make the majority of douchey calls in my very, very limited race experience. Used to crack me up when they’d pass me just before the crest of a hill only to get passed again by me on the following descent… mamils with zero bike handling skills :rolleyes:

I was going to do it today on the footpath. Learn to walk dickheads.

I reckon someone used ‘track’ mid 'cross race on me. I was like “nah dude, it’s cyclocross, not track… idiot”.

Strava runnn…

fuuuuuu… Don’t really get the XC racers so much where I ride, thank god.

But down at the beach its another story. I live in the triathlon capital of NZ. At least, with their carbon discs, you can hear them coming … whop-whop-whop-whop. Man the Hubbards are thick on the ground here.

Oh and while speaking of the beach, The other day I also saw a middle-aged woman riding(?) one of these. She wasn’t wearing the aero helmet but nevertheless I completely lost my shit.

i hope you picked it up and disposed of it properly (your shit & that thing).

A candidate Melburn Roobaix or Spooky CX perhaps?

Approved™ sock height.

TRAAAAAAAACK!

//youtu.be/PSYxT9GM0fQ

Fuck sime beat me to it

That song brought back some memories, but I have no idea what it has to do with track besides it’s a music track and there’s train tracks

theres been a couple of times where i’ve had a song in my head when it’s been called and ive caught myself thinking… ‘yeah… its not bad is it…’ before realising what they wanted.