[TWBD] Klondyke Loop (Sat May 23rd)

Here are the details for the next “There Will Be Dirt” ride :

There Will Be Dirt #39

Visiting : Bowden Spur, Spur Road, Toolangi SF, Mount Klondyke, Bald Spur
Distance : ~115km
When : Saturday 6th June, 7:30am @ Hurstbridge Train Station
Where : http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/685436642
More details : http://therewillbedirt.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/klondyke-loop.html

NOTE: Date changed to Saturday 6th June due to clash with DDCX Round 1!

So I’m heading out to Toolangi State Forest to do a lap of Mount Klondyke and check out some sights along the way. Anyone want to join me?

My goals for this ride are to see the power lines track on the other side of Bowden Spur, spend some quality time in Toolangi seeing new (to me) roads, see if I can get down Rocky Track without walking the whole thing or breaking anything and, finally, not burn all my matches before the day is done!

I’ll be on a rigid singlespeed 26er so there’ll be plenty of walking. Should all be fine on a CX bike except Rocky Track which might not be fine on any bike. There’s no planned food stops until 94km in at Kinglake so bring enough food for the whole day. Water will be from creeks so bring your purification system of choice (tabs, filter, iron guts etc.), two bidons should be enough, depending on the weather.

Feels like I haven’t done an “open to all” ride like this in ages so let me just point out that I haven’t ridden this route before so shit may happen, there’s no cue sheets, it’s a group ride - we’ll stick together, there’s plenty of scope for bailing out early so have a look at the planned route and bring your sense of adventure.

See ya there!

===============================

What’s all this then?

This is a series of road rides where “road” may include smooth bitumen, bike track, potholed country roads, gravel/dirt roads and singletrack, all in the same ride. There may be significant climbs and the distance will be over 100km.

I would, but CX racing.

oop, yeah Angry, keen as but that’s 1st DDCX, week before or after?

Max will be disappointed to not get to session the barriers!

Whoa, ok, didn’t realise it was a clash with DDCX. I’ll move my ride to Saturday June 6th.

Max has been asking me periodically for months when the bike race is on so I’d better make sure he gets there!

If it matters for you, that will be round 2 of the Vic CX Series, at Mt Beauty.
My response remains the same, but I suspect there will be less people going to Mt Beauty than DDCX.

Woo. In for June 6

this makes me very happy…

I think I’m coming.
Angry, bring your tow rope. :wink: