Vitesse (or McSomething jnr)

yeah the hopkins.thing is a beast! and yeah the old robo days were gnarly, learnt a whole lot, made great friends.

wow, very clean and really dig the color. How much does it weigh?

That’s a good question. Maybe about 10kgs all up? In any case it’s pretty light for a big steelie.

mmmm. maybe its the steel wheels? Tange 1 tubing plus fork should be around 2kg flat or am i being too generous?

They’re not steel wheels.

I think 2kg sounds about right for the frameset, but everything on the bike adds up.

Pretty sure you’re right about the Aussie part. Had an interview with Daryl Perkins yesterday and her mentioned something about Vitesse. I didn’t hear exactly what he said but I think hey may have mentioned it was an Australian builder.

Regardless, it’s a nice build man!

The frame alone wouldn’t weigh more than a few grams over 2kg (excluding grease, of course ;)). All up it could be less than 10kg. I dunno, I’m no good at estimating the weight of complete bikes - they always feel different depending how I pick them up!

Rooster; good to confirm the Aussie build, that makes me happy. Despite the name, all the little details (Davis fork crown, Prugnat lugs, English BB shell etc.) just scream Australian made to me.

Cheers fellas

[QUOTE=dead legs;374273]The stem alone wouldn’t weigh more than a few grams over 2kg (excluding grease, of course ;)). All up it could be less than 10kg. I dunno, I’m no good at estimating the weight of massive stems- they always feel different depending how I pick them up!

ftfy

Is your photo in o’shannassy st? or that street that runs parallel to arden?

Also think I saw this on errol today

heavy breathing i’m watching…

Ha ha the first photos were taken on O’Shannassy st, and I did have it parked on Errol twice today.

Now excuse me, I’m just going to investigate that sound outside my window.