Wanted - Bike storage solution

10 seconds on google: Bicycle Storage Stands & Racks

What he said. It’s not too hard and you get used to locating it in the right position.

eidt: just read your first post, well this would be odd for one of your bikes

I bought this and hung it up in a rental. I used dyna bolts instead of the supplied screws and spaghetti. Probably overkill but when you hang up a few grand worth or bikes, MTBs included, you don’t want it to fall and dyna bolts are cheap.

The rack is good, cheap, and very easy to fill the holes after. It’s now hung in the basement of my new place.

If it’s in the garage with peeling paint, I’d have done it already!!

Jelmer,
I have an SDS drill if you need a hand drilling into brick. And as SanEsteban says, definately 6mm dyna bolts if you’re hanging 6 bikes on red brick.

this is relevant to my interests.

hoping to get a rack going in the garage soon

Sure thing Rolly. You get the rack and I got the drill. Anytime. :wink:

$30 clothes rack from Kmart works a treat…

Inspired by that I made this today:

$60 worth of pine from the hardware and a few screws. The hooks were $10 for 4 at the hardware also.

argh quoted the wrong post. i was inspired by the one el brado posted.

You have inspired me to pull my finger out - looks great!

man that was fast mik!

edit: wait a minnit you ‘work from home’ don’t you. . .

Yes, yes I do :slight_smile: But it only took 3 hours to build, pretty basic really.

In case anyone’s interested, I used four 90x35x1800 boards and two 190x19x1800 for the backing frame and a further 2 90x35x1800 (cut in half) for the legs and 45 degree struts. The backing frame sits on top of the legs, making a combined height of 1890mm, which I’m hoping is tall enough for a 29er if I ever buy one!

nice, ‘capacity building’ or ‘future proofing’