Westside

I’ve never been ‘out west’, but from what you describe it sounds like doveton/hallam. Which sounds like fun, eh?

Depends on what your idea of fun is…

yep, props for reperzentin’ the Wu!

Well, I’ve been beat up in Doveton a few times, stabbed in Hallam (it was only the leg), and scored behind one of the little shopping squares in Doveton one time.
Maybe I’ll host a race out here one day.
Meet up at the Noble Park velodrome and hammer out to Narre, then all get drunk in my caravan.

Quite a major artery is in your leg/groin, so it can be pretty serious. Doveton is a hole, I don’t have anything to do with the place, but I know it’s shit.

I went to school there dude. Cool place, once you get over the drug/stab/burglary stuff.
Also, stab was just above the knee, not near the artery or anything.

People who would like to help out doing checkpoints please PM
Thankssssss B^)

Weather is predicted to be windy and cold… We road the planned route last night and decided to trim it down a bit… The course is now just under 20kms, so it is basically a dash for cash!!! If you know where you are going and can ride at pace the entire time it should take about 40 minutes… could be the quickest $$$ you ever make :slight_smile:

The more competitors the deeper the prize pool $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

too right moite, too right!
feelin that flyer :wink:

DUE TO THIS:

Event time has been changed to Sunday the 15th of August…

I don’t think it would be to good meeting in a flooding drain/wind tunnel then racing in hail and finishing again by sailing down the river… sounds cool now that i have typed it, but even your best North Face isn’t going to keep you dry and warm this Sunday…

PLEASE INFORM THOSE WITHOUT THE INTERNETZZZ

same day as powershift in Geelong :frowning:
What time do you think it’ll wrap up. Maybe I can drop in on my ride back from ocean grove

The event is this weekend… so I just thought I would help out with some directions and what not to get to the meeting place for the race start.

The best way to get onto the drains is if you ride along Flemington Rd and continue through to Mt Alexander Rd… Just as you are about to go under the city link there is a bike trail that flows to the left and wraps under the road… ride along that and then go down into the drains…
For those who don’t want to ride in from the city or wherever you are coming from it is as simple as taking the Upfield line from Flinders St to Flemington Bridge station… The ramp down from the station leads onto the bike track that then turns off onto Mt Alexander Rd from which you simply follow the directions above :slight_smile:

If you have any queries or would like to help out in anyway (checkpoint marshals still needed for 2 more stops) just send me through a PM.

Thanks heaps and I hope to see lots of people down on the day!

-Nick

p.s Aeons… the race and skids should all be over by about 4 or 5
p.p.s. Bring tubes and tools these streets are know for inflicting punctures

:slight_smile: cool!

The drains were waaaay full tonight riding home. I’m really hoping to make it and race, I know the area back to front.

So is this going on despite the forecast rain?

Wear a raincoat?

More rain = less competitors which means more chance of GLORY.

more rain = better skidzzzzzzzz

Lol, that’s me with the spoke. Cept my crabon forks will shatter, and blind the competition, leaving me free to steal their forks, rebuild the bike, and ride to victory.

When google imaging for that gif, no shit your avatar came up on the first page of results… I can’t remember what I typed in though…