which pedals to buy?

You missed my piont, i said your pedals are SHIT!!

They’re great for riding on a velodrome with apropriate footwear but for your urban environment shit where your really special they are one of the worst choices you could have made. Expensive, uncomfortable and wanky.

deep breath, bites tongue

Because a matching group is far superior to comfortable pedals right? for all that “urban riding” you do from fitzroy to the city.

first of all ‘darlings’ i’m from Sydney not Melbourne
and as our bike culture is not on the same level as Melbourne pimping ones ride is the done thing as people an’t in such a hurry to pinch em

and i got the pedals off evil bay with a set of kishi gold singles for $100…
and they are my favourite pedals so far outa 4 that i have owned and used i find em pretty comfortable with a pair of mexico 66s

i like the dam things and if you think my pedals are wanky then i’d hate to think what ya’ll think of my new wheel set… then again it’s my ride not yours

bender! you should have a beer or a wank your way to angry…
:stuck_out_tongue:

So fucking Sydney.

wow you got me again…

dont judge sydney by sugarkane, please. he’s a kiwi.

true…

there’s still plenty of us in sydney who don’t have the time, money or ego complex to go chasing pristine njs parts for the sake of ‘bling’.

i’m actually getting the impression all that high-end japanese aluminium must be incredibly heavy stuff. it seems that decking out your ‘whip’ with said ‘bling’ makes it impossible to keep up with the group rides, somehow in proportion with the rarity and expense of the parts.

and another thing, what’s all this talk about ‘cockpits’? they’re bikes, not bloody space shuttles.

funny i thought the Wednesday nite ride which is the only ride you and i have every been on together is a social thing, didn;t realise is was a race… i guess cruising in the pack talking to others or hanging out with one of your mates whos out for their first group ride is not what it’s about…
funny thing is i finished a long way from last in the last alley cat and had to spend 10 mins trying to straighten my partners back wheel after he hit a car
and i seem to have not problems keeping up with some of the boys who like to roll at the front when we go out for other much pacer rides several times a week…

let me clarify things alittle where i live in sydney ( the eastern suburbs ) and amongst the people i hang out with there is nothing wrong with having a nice bike or nice things in general it really shits me when people hang shit on ya for that kinda thing
have i ever given you a hard time because you don’t?? or any one for that matter…

…still doesn’t explain the space shuttles.

point taken.
i have to admit i’d buy superbe pro everything if i had the money.

thats true…

Cockpit as a term for the pilot’s compartment in an aircraft first appeared in 1914. From about 1935 cockpit also came to be used informally to refer to the driver’s seat of a car, especially a high performance one, and this is official terminology in Formula One. The term is most likely related to the sailing term for the coxswain’s station in a Royal Navy ship, and later the location of the ship’s rudder controls.

i like aeroplanes and when i;m not out drinking too much i some times fly em too

my boss is getting one of these later this week

i dont think scoring some kerin racing pedals for a good price is that big of a deal…
:smiley:

short rides around town and to and from work justify atlanta 96’s, phils and full NJS? i personally think it’s a waste of cash. farrrrk. buying pedals to match your full NJS drivetrain and cockpit will also come in handy when you race keirin.

also, i ride atacs. shoes aren’t all bad either, ain’t nothing wrong with trotting around in cycling shoes.

ATACS for the win.

And I will go into any bar i want in SIDI dominators or my dx.
Hell I’ll spend all day in them if i so choose.

And theyre actually quite a bit more comfortable than flat, thin soled shoes like chucks or vans.

its all useful when racing Terence down moorepark road on the way to the crickters for beer

buying a CLK 63 is a much bigger waste of cash but whos keeping score…

i gota spend my hard earned cash on something.

any shoe designed in the last 10 years is gona be more comfortable than vans or chucks
i run a really busy cafe so for my daily cycle shoes is big pain for me…
when i get a nice little roadie then i’ll be in for cleats like a flash

i like superbe pro stuff it’s so sexy

you should come for our ride and dinner tomorrow nite…

you do realise you could have just put each quote into the one same post instead of posting three times?

this thread got good.

and i still can’t figure out what zak’s penchant for flying planes or his boss’s extravagant purchase of a mercedes cock extension has to do with pedals.